Gun Problem Question

Lum

I have a .270 Winchester bolt action. The gun shoots fine but when you bolt the gun to eject the shell the bolt doesn't pull the shell back. Any ideas what could be the problem? Gun is brand new and probably doesn't have 5 shots fired through it. It is under warranty but I was wondering if it could be something simple to where I don't have to ship the gun back.

CAL

Check your chamber for shipping crude and look at the bolt face to see if maybe some kind of obstruction keeping it from catching the spent hull.You could take the bolt out and clean the face good,put lubricant in it to make sure the ejector is free too.

contender*

I have a .270 Winchester bolt action. The gun shoots fine but when you bolt the gun to eject the shell the bolt doesn't pull the shell back. Any ideas what could be the problem? Gun is brand new and probably doesn't have 5 shots fired through it. It is under warranty but I was wondering if it could be something simple to where I don't have to ship the gun back.

Something I learned the hard way the other day with an old Mauser. If your putting a shell in one at a time (in other words not loading the magazine) the extractor won't catch the shell (at least on a small ring Mauser:rolleyes::banginghe).
If your loading the magazine, watch the shell as the bolt pushes it out of the mag into the chamber. Only other thing you can do is check the extractor that it isn't broke or has trash in it.