How many haven't been able to get away yet?

How2fish

Wondering how many board members who normally bow hunt haven't had a chance to go yet. This is the 1st time in over 20 yrs I haven't made it to the bow opener. I'm lucky enough to have 3 buddies that I've grown up with and been friends with for over 30 years. They don't hunt but we've fished all over the country together. So as they all turned 50 within 10 days of each other last week. We planned a 2 day trip to the off-shore oil rigs for yellow fin tuna, wahoo and bottom fish......we rented a house on Ono Island and then you guessed it IVAN.....fleeing the hurricane not fishing was the order of the day....still we got a day's trolling in one of my buddies boat in. And we brought his boat back to ATL..he has kept it in Orange Beach for the last year...so that was to the good....I feel rotten missing the opener..but not as rotten as I feel for those poor folks who live or have/had houses down there...how many of you haven't been able to make it yet...and is it making you a carzy as it is me ?? :speechles

cowboyron

I have not yet made it. I did make it up to Ga. to look at a lease this past weekend.I did join and now I have an injury and might be out all of Bow Season :mad:

duckbill

Haven't made it up yet. Planning on heading up the 29th for a few day sof solid bowhunting. It's driving me crazy :banginghe

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Haven't made it yet and may just wait now for the smoke pole season. -- Our deer will start cranking up about then.

Hope you guys have seen all the hurricanes for this year. -- Ya'll need a break.

Woodsong

haven't gone yet b/c I don't have a bow! I hope to change that by next season though.

How2fish

cowboyron said:
I have not yet made it. I did make it up to Ga. to look at a lease this past weekend.I did join and now I have an injury and might be out all of Bow Season :mad:
Hope you get better soon, I hurt my back (again ) and am just getting over that...

aaron batson

I have not been yet either. Between hurricanes/work dues, fishing, and planting food plots - just have not had the chance to go. I have learned to wait and go the last of October to mid November for bigger bucks anyway. Don't feel like I am missing too much by not spooking all of them too early. Hoping that HT2 will run that big buck up to me by pushing him too much ::;

That corn fed buck would eat good :D

AO2

I Haven't Made It, Between Work And Son's Baseball. When I've Had Time I Don't Like To Go Without Him. I Will Be Going On A Trip To Illinois In November.

How2fish

It's kinda strange to me at one point I couldn't have standed to not be at camp opening weekend of bow. And I wish I couldn't been there all things onsidered.But I'm OK with it...I took my chances to do something else and even if it didn't work out I'm glad I did. Still I have 8 vacation days set up for the 1st 4 weeks of muzzleloader and rifle season and I'd be lying if it's easy waiting....I've hunted counting this year 25 years and I think I've come to love it even more now...I'm 50 this year and know I don't have forever..and that I think adds a certain appreciation I didn't have at 25 or 35...makes it easier to slow down and watch the sunrise with a little added enjoyment. Gives me a little more patience with the other members kids..wanting them to one see the hunting experience with the same love and enjoyment I have for it. If I can't be 25 again I kinda glad I made it where I am..how bout ya'll?

nchunter

just waiting on the gun opener here,can't hardley stand it :shoot: :shoot:

gabuckeye

Haven't been yet. Had to work the hurricane and then last week had an Aunt pass away. Hope to make it this weekend.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Only been once, was shooting at my 3D deer in backyard and bowstring broke.
Its in the shop now being replaced, hope to pick it up today for a Saturday evening or Sunday evening hunt! Found a good rubline I would like to hang a portable over at my club in Jasper Co.!!