What's your main deer rifle??

Guy

What will you have in your stand with you opening day?

I will have my Steyr SBS Prohunter Mossy Oak synthetic in .270 shooting a 140 grain Nosler Partition.

Watch Out!! :bounce:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
It was a Browning A-Bolt SS Stalker in 7mm mag until I got a Remington Model 7 in 7mm-08. It does everything I need and it's just to easy to handle to not carry it... ;)

Handgunner

I'll have my Remington 700 7mm Rem. Mag topped with a Leupold Vari-X III, loaded with 150gr Winchester Ballistic Silvertips... It's what I've used for the past 4 years -- no need in changing now. :) I love that rifle. ;)

mikel

me and old man weatherby

and a pocket full of 150gr. partitions

Randy

This is two different questions for me. "What is my main deer rifle?" Remington Model 7 Custom Shop 7mm-08, who would have guessed?

The second question was "What will you have in the stand with you on opening morning?" That would be my Hoyt Havotec!

leadoff

GONetwork Member
I have a brand new Browning A-Bolt Medallion in .270.

BUT....

I will be taking old faithful to the woods on opening morning, my Ruger M77 in .270 topped with a Leupold! I have hunted with the same setup for going on 14 years now! Man, I am getting to be an old f@rt!!! :eek:

Jeff Phillips

My old Weatherby .06 with the Leupold :shoot:

Kdog

Browning A-bolt Medallion in .270.

I will probably have my S&W .44 Mag with me though.

Kdog

Guy

What it all the hype about the 7mm-08? I am thinking a model 7 in that caliber would be nice.

H

HT2

Mine......

T/C Encore - 7MM.........

Shootin' 140 grain Ballistic Tips from Ga. Arms...... :clap:

Buzz

Most likely it will be this one. This is a 7x57mm, which predates the 7mm/08 by nearly 90 years as it that started life in 1892. With modern powders and a strong action it will easily propel 140g bullets 2900+ fps.

1184522Number1.jpg

This Savage M99 in .308 Winchester is one of my favorites as well
1239722M99.JPG

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I'll have my Savage .243. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This is a very sweet shooting gun that has dropped six deer in their tracks.

Predator56

sako 75 .308 with hornady 150gr SST's topped wit ha schmidt & bender 1.5-6x42

Attachments

• SmallSAKO75S&B.jpg
    SmallSAKO75S&B.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 808

S.Dailey

I'll more than likely be using my Mathews LX still and later in the season I'll whip out my new Ruger 7mm. :bounce:

LKennamer

Trusty Winchester

Winchester Model 70 Classic Sporter, topped with a Pentax 3X9, shooting 130 grain Hornady Spitzer handloads in 270 Weatherby Magnum. Best shooting combo I've ever used, hasn't failed me yet. If I mess up, it's my fault, not the gun.