Downtown Atlanta???

Doc_Holliday23

I work downtown (Candler Building). Are there other folks working downtown that want to meet up for a lunch sometime? Something central to 191 Peachtree, Peachtree Center, Woodruff Park, Suntrust Building, maybe even the Ivan Allen area (new Ernst&Young building)...

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I work downtown (Candler Building). Are there other folks working downtown that want to meet up for a lunch sometime? Something central to 191 Peachtree, Peachtree Center, Woodruff Park, Suntrust Building, maybe even the Ivan Allen area (new Ernst&Young building)...

Where were you four years ago? Too far now:bounce:

Ol' Red

Banned
I can make it....You know Micks sandwich shop? Or that old fire station that's a restaurant now?

red

Doc_Holliday23

the Mick's down here is no longer a Mick's. Closest one is up on peachtree just below North Ave.

fire station... you mean Spotted Dog on North Ave?

I was thinking something a little farther south, maybe walking distance from Peachtree Center. There's Hard Rock, Fire of Brazil, Jalapeno Charlie's, Durango, Ray's in the City, Max Lager, etc.

Let's get some more interest, though, and then we'll decide on a place.

Ol' Red

Banned
Yeah, I was referring to the spotted dog. Where ever is fine....

Red

Jake Allen

Count me in

I work just east of the Capitol.

Doc_Holliday23

next thursday (Nov 1) good for y'all? Noon?

I think Durango would be good for all of us carnivores. It's a steakhouse, but its usually not too crowded so its fast to get in and out of. Durango is right across the street from the north entrance of the Peachtree Center mall on the west side of Peachtree St.

As with every restaurant down here, parking is non-existant.

JNG

I work in the Russell federal building, right across from the Sam Nunn building, with a lovely view of the CNN center out my window. I'm in for a lunchtime meeting.

Doc_Holliday23

ok here's an idea... everyone that has replied, except for Red, who will be driving in, works South of me. Seems like the CNN Center might be just as easy to get to as anywhere, and its def. more of a landmark and has some parking.

Everybody good with Jocks and Jills at CNN Center? Let's do it this thursday, 11/1, noon. Reply if you can attend and I'll get there a bit early and try to get us in line.

Ol' Red

Banned
You bringing the pineapples and watermelons or do you want me too?

Red

Doc_Holliday23

How did this lunch gathering go? I work downtown as well. Anyone up for another lunch?

didnt happen because it was gonna be just me and Ol' Red. I was afraid he'd stick me with the check...

we could try it again if we get some positive input. where in downtown are you?