Nikon Monarch Owners

Quercus Alba

Well, it looks like I will be sending my scope back again. I purchased the Monarch about three years ago and have been very pleased with the glass but the thing fogs if any moisture is in the air be it fog, extreme humidity, or the slightest drizzle. I sent it back to Nikon before the season and it was returned with repairs having been made. Its absolutley worthless for a hunting scope if it can't be used in even slightly bad elements. It fogs on both the inside and out. Does anyone have similar experiences? I don't know what to do. I have a good mind to send it back every year for repair if it is not fixed properly(life time warranty) but each time I have to pay for a bore-sighting and then sight in.

Booger

Look's like they would just replace it if it still isn't right. I have 2 Nikon Buckmaster scopes and used both in the rain monday without any issues. It started out as a light rain and ended in a serious downpour. Maybe you need to try and talk to someone different to see if they will replace it since it is not getting fixed. :huh:

Quercus Alba

No sir, I have never dropped it or bumped it. Urban, were all those stories regarding Nikon Monarchs?

JeffM

My brand new Nikon did the same thing last year, not sure of the model. Worked fine on a Fl range, got to the Ga woods and nothing but fog. A week later went to Pa and the same thing. Got back home and returned it to BPS for store credit and upgraded to another brand.

dixie

I had a B&L 3200 that did that, I have two nikons and they're fine

Hammack

You've got an internal leak somewhere in the scope. I have several Nikons, and never had that problem. I have with some other scopes, but never with my nikons. I would send it back and request a NEW scope if it is the second trip back.

Yup. All Monarchs bought about three years ago. I also heard that the problems may have something to do with plastic parts.