308 150 Grain Bullet Test

Predator56

the interbond is impressive in this test, just aint accurate from what i have seen and heard but i killed 2 deer with tem and they dropped and lights were out

Dub

Good read.

Sorta scary looking at all the lead in the wound cavity.

That TSX is looking better and better.

Nitro

Banned
I'm just not impressed with the Barnes bullets.

I think I will stick with the Accubond for now. If I change again, it would to be go back to the Ballistic Tip. I have killed 9 Whitetails to date with the Accubond. So far, all have been DRT kills. I mean in their tracks.........

That said, I have killed over 100 deer with the Ballistic Tip in cartridges from 257 Roberts , 270, 308, 7mm Mag, 300 WM, etc - with none lost and very little to complain about- how dead can you kill one.....most times they drop, sometimes they ran a few yards.

In my experience, the BT is the MOST Accurate bullet for hunting on the market.

It will absolutely smash a deer. I switched to Accubonds only because I hunt SC a lot and the chance for a big hog to step out is at least as likely as a deer.

Lead or copper fragments in the wound cavity doesn't bother me, we cut the bloodshot meat out anyway. Look at it like this- the deer was recovered. Thats the goal.

Dub

I agree, Agarr. How dead do we want them.:bounce:

I've had good luck over the years with Ballistic Tips. Dead deer in every case....nary a follow up shot needed. Maybe just a short death run on the bucks, but that would be with any load, I suspect.

The next load I work up is gonna be an Accubond load in 7mmRemMag....why? Because the Ballistic Tips are so dang easy to get to group well. Range trips will be short and results sweet. Time is of the essence as this one will be coming into action late in the season....don't want to be spending time at the range that I could be in the woods.

Reason I wanted to try the TSX was hearing too many good things about them. I'm hunting mainly with my .270 this year (sentimental reasons). I wanted a bullet that would break down both shoulders and exit every time. Why? I'll go ahead and say it...because I'm hunting some nasty swampland this year that scares the heck outa me. We see/kill water moccasins at a ridiculous rate. Also there are deadfalls and logging brush piles everywhere that the rattlers are hanging out in. It is a snakes Club Med. This may be humerous to some, but I'm a believer now. First day there we got lectures from two of the older members. I'm a believer after killing a few of these. I ran accross one the other night while I was coming out...it was good and chilly and the sucker was laying up right accross the trail.:shoot: Thank you, Glock. I was reminded at that exact moment that I should get a tactical light for the rail on that pistola.

Talked to one of the guys who mangages the roads and loggers yesterday. He saw 50 or more, "conservative estimate" he said, when he was pushblading some dead timber on a roadside not too long ago. He told me about another fella there that had to kill three of them before he could climb down out of his ladder stand.:hair:

I will not bowhunt on this spot. I'll take my bow game on the road.:rofl: Stev and the other fella I met there can bowhunt until their hearts are content.:bounce: Stev is fearless on the snakes...you should see the pictures he's taken of them....gets 'em all angry and coiled up with mouth open, fangs visable..."Pose for the camera". He's got more grit than I do around our shoulderless friends.

I'll admit that the TSX load has taken a bit more time and effort to get close to 1" range and I spent most of the time getting my barrel cleaned. I'm confident that I could have worked up a Ballistic Load in half the time and had it shoot well under 1". It also doesn't seem so sensitive to fouling.

I'm eager to see what the results will be on a deer. I feel like I could shoot a doe almost any sitting but hate to mess up my chances at something bigger. It'll work out soon, I hope.:flag: