Help with fall turkey hunting

triton63

My father in law has some land I will be hunting this fall in Alabama where they have a fall gobbler only turkey season. I have never hunted them in the fall. What techniques work best compared to spring hunting? I have lots of pictures of turkeys and several gobblers that are using our food plots. Any help is appreciated!

Resica

Gobblers can be tough.If you can find em and bust em up,be real patient.Those Tom's are in no hurry to get back together,a few gobbler cluck's here and there.Could take all day before they decide to come together,if at all.At least it seems to work that way up here.

discounthunter

this is what i know/have learned; be patient! (fall gobblers dont respond vocally (much) in the fall ,so dont wait for gobbling. find out where they roost and where they eat/drink,then get in between them. busting a flock ,i have mixed feelings about, if your close enough to bust a flock,why not just leave them alone and look for a gobbler in the mix, plus you will get the expirience of watching a flock in action! call: kee-kee, kee-kee run and lost clucking will probably be your main sounds to use, feeding purrs and soft clucks may work to bring a flock even closer. also try still hunting,you have to find a bird to hunt a bird. hunt ALL day, fall flocks travel and most of the time are not very vocal so any time is a good time to hunt. most inportant is be patient! enjoy the fall weather and the scenery and you will enjoy the hunt!