NEF / H&R SideKick Muzzleloader

duckbill

Hey Folks,
I'm thinking of buying one of these little break-open ML's. I'm sick of having to use 5 wrenches(exxagerating:rolleyes: ) to take mine apart. I have one of the old H&R Topper shotguns that I bought 32 yrs ago. I love the simple, but solid design.

Anybody had any experience with them? Pros and Cons?

Thanks

frankwright

I had an NEF 20 ga shotgun that I bought new at Service Merchandise store many years ago. I had sawed the stock and barrel off to make it a woods carry? snake gun.

I recently sent it off to H&R and had them fit the Huntsman Muzzleloading barrel to it. I got it back and mounted a scope to it and it is a good shooting gun. The ram rod is a little strange but it works fine. I carry a bigger rod with me and load the ML at the truck using the big rod and leave the Huntsman rod for reloading after a shot.

The primer holders are a little strange but they work fine. You can read all about the Huntsman/Sidekick here:http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php?board=134.0

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
i agree w/ frank the ramrod is strange but for the most part i like mine. the little holders last a loooooooong time so don't worry about them. just load a few up before you go to the woods !!!

duckbill

Well,
I have a Sidekick on the way. I got it from a guy at GBO (Thanks Frank). He has already converted it to the 25ACP setup and it comes with the Hubbard ram rod.
Can't wait to try it out :banana: .