Remington Cartridge Question

SWAMPFOX

Long story short, on the last trip to my club, I forgot my .30-06 ammo and an elderly gentlemen was kind enough to give me some .30-06 rounds he had in his truck. They were Remington 200 grains factory loads. I'd like to know what model/name they go by. I've never seen them before. The point is different from any I've ever seen. I killed a deer with one of them and I found the the point of the bullet embedded in the flesh at the entrance wound. I was impressed with the killing power. I hit the right front shoulder straight on and the bullet tore out the top of the heart and exited under the left shoulder. Does anyone know what brand name this particular bullet goes by in the Remington inventory? Thanks.

Attachments

• Pic 004A.jpg
    Pic 004A.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 118

bull0ne

Banned
Bronze points...............and had you not hit something solid it likely would not have made much in the way of damage.

Shot 3 couple deer with em and none expanded.

SWAMPFOX

Thanks. That is really good to know. I will pass on them for deer. Obviously they're meant for bigger stuff. I have always been happy with the expansion I get on deer with the 165 grain spire point boat tail bullet.