Buttermilk, like it or not?

TJay

Anyone else out there like buttermilk? I know there are probably more who don't like it than do, but I love the stuff! And don't try and give any of that lo-fat stuff, I want the extra thick and rich good stuff! :yeah:

H

HT2

T Jay.........

The only way I like Buttermilk is in pancakes, biscuits, or just about anything you bake........

Not just drinkin' it like water!!!!!!!!! ::ke: ::ke: ::ke:

I don't know why they even put an experation date on it......It's bad already!!!!!!!!! :bounce: Just shake it up and you'll never know the difference.......

My dad use to get a piece of cornbread, crumble it up in a bowl, cut up some onion in it as well.....Then pour buttermilk on it and eat it like a bowl of soup..........

Man!!!!!!!!!! You talkin' bout Nasty!!!!!!!!!! ::ke: ::ke: ::ke:

gadeerwoman

If I can find Pet buttermilk, I can drink a half gallon or more a day but it's gotten where I never find it any more. Most others I hate. Sealtest is ok but can't hold a candle to Pet. I'll drink Pet buttermilk with just about any food.

QuakerBoy

I used to love it as a kid. Can't stand it now

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Buttermilk,poke salit,fried taters,soup beans,& fried pork chops make a mighty fine supper!

Eshad

Love the good thick kind. There is an Amish dairy between Anniston and Gadsden, Alabama that makes some sho nuff scrumpcious buttermilk! :fine: Barbers is OK for baking, but not for drinking.

6wheeler

I Love It!

As long as it is ice cold, nothing better!

gadeerwoman - Wal-Mart sells (can't think of the brand name at the moment) a Bulgarian Style buttermilk that I started drinking when I couldn't find Pet. I have come to really like this brand so much that it is the one I drink above all others. Most dairy companies just can't seem to get it right!

Jeff Phillips

Love it in cornbread :clap:

Nasty by itself :hair:

Jorge

Always hated it by itself. Baking - Yes. But don't forget, buttermilk makes one of the best marinades! Marinade butterflied back strap, cube steak, quail, turkey fingers, etc. in buttermilk for several hours, coat in flour or any other breading and fry. Yum Yum!!

southernclay

What Broadhead said :eek:

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
You boys aint country.