Remington action wrench and barrel vise

Lorren68

Can someone post a picture of a Remington action wrench? I am looking at building one but need to know how it fits into the action, I would also like to see pics of a barrel vise so I can make one of these as well

Thanks
Kevin

Hammack

well, are you going to be pulling factory barrels with this setup? Remington barrels are TOUGH to break, and if you are then the ones pictured below are the style I would recommend. The davidson style vises are good vises but I never could get them to hold well when trying to remove factory sporter weight 700 barrels. Here are some pics I found on the internet, of ones similar to the ones I made. They are pretty much copied from the Brownells model.Action Wrench.JPG

Barrel vise.JPG

Hammack

I will add that you need to becareful when making an action wrench especially if you making a side entry or rear entry wrench. IF they flew you will twist the action. I've seen it done. I have a rear entry that I use often, but NEVER if I am trying to remove a factory remington barrel.

rayjay

Hey hammack, check out my 40x !!!!!

A Savage rec wrench will also fit the 700. Usually the wrench made for the 700 will also locate the Remington recoil lug.

Attachments

• 40x bbl nut.JPG
    40x bbl nut.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 503

Lorren68

Thanks for the pics