tasco 6x24x50 AOE-- anybody use it?

fountain

are these scopes any good? will it handle being on a .300 win mag? i am just curious about it. will it measure up to the nikon buckmaster scopes?

fountain

anybody?

judt wondering if was geared more towards the .22 and pellet rifles of if it is suitable to put on my 300.

it is a good looking scope and appears to be bright, judt wondering about the quality

QuakerBoy

I had one on my .223. It broke and I had it repaired. Then I sold it.

7Mag Hunter

Don't have that particular scope, but do have a fairly high end
(for Tasco) scope that has Trajectory Range finding features,
and AOE...Good scope for the money...Used on my 7mag last
year untill I upgraded to a better scope...

GMC Highrider

I had a Tasco World Class scope on my .300 Win mag. It lasted about 15 shots until something broke and the crosshairs became loose. I sent it back to Tasco to get repaired and bought a Leupold. The Tasco is now on my Ruger 10/22.

Big Al

Optics are a prime example of you get what you pay for. And comparing a Tasco to a Nikon is like comparing a Pinto to a Vette. If you are going to spend big money on a gun, put a decent scope on it. Nothing kills me more than seeing someone spend close to a thousand dollars on a gun and then putting a dollar store scope on it. I know I am probably going to kick up the hornets nest here talking about a Trashco. But I look at it this way, if a company's top of the line scope is still cheaper than a big name company's cheapest, stay away from it. And there are people on here that use and love a Tasco. I personally think they are garbage (BSA'S also). There are many scopes out there better than that. Especially if you are going to put it on a large gun like you have. I lost the deer of a lifetime because I went the cheap route on a scope. I do not want anyone to learn a hard lesson like I did, especially one so easily prevented.

Hammack

To answer your question, NO. A tasco of any grade that I have owned or had experience with will not measure up to a Nikon Prostaff. Much less the Buckmasters which is a higher grade. Just curious but what will you be hunting that you will need a 24x scope for? A scope that high in power is not gonna be near as bright as say a 9X or even a 12x. Not to mention trying to hold a 24x on target out of a stand is gonna be interesting to say the least.

fountain

i just got it and i do not plan to use it on my encore, maybe my .22. i think i will leave the redfield onit for now. i will get another scope eventually, but for now the redfield is ok.

Hammack

i just got it and i do not plan to use it on my encore, maybe my .22. i think i will leave the redfield onit for now. i will get another scope eventually, but for now the redfield is ok.

Good choice, If your redfield is an "illuminator" you are going to be hard pressed to find a better scope. I have several of the redfield illuminators and have been extremely pleased with their performance.

broncobob

Tasco NOOOOOOOO for me there not fit for anything not even a paper weight. The ones I've had wouldn't hold zero on any of my rifles. Cheap scopes are a recipe for failure. Do yourself a favor buy a higher end scope ( leupold, nikon, burris. ) if you get tired of hunting with these brands you can always use them for a hammer as they are that tough.

markland

Put one on my .223 to play with and it shot fine and seemed to adjust OK, but was not clear and could not focus it very well and absolutely was useless over 18 power as it got so distorted you could not tell what you were shooting at no matter how you tried to focus it. Put a Nikon 4-12X50 on it and love it! Mark