Weatherby, are they worth the price?

addictedtodeer

Okay I like shooting my guns and I'm a lefty. My only rifle is a remington .270. I'm looking for a true lefty for my next rifle and have been browsing budsgunshop.com. I love that site!

As I've been browsing I've come across weatherby rifles.
WOW, the price is scary!:hair:
Are they really that good?

I'm leaning towards the savage 10flp. I just like the idea of a heavy barrel. I would really like a heavy barrel .308 that's stainless but since I'm a lefty it is not an option from anyone.

dixie

Okay I like shooting my guns and I'm a lefty. My only rifle is a remington .270. I'm looking for a true lefty for my next rifle and have been browsing budsgunshop.com. I love that site!

As I've been browsing I've come across weatherby rifles.
WOW, the price is scary!:hair:
Are they really that good?

I'm leaning towards the savage 10flp. I just like the idea of a heavy barrel. I would really like a heavy barrel .308 that's stainless but since I'm a lefty it is not an option from anyone.

Yes, they are

pacecars

I had a MKV in .25-06 and it was an excellent shooter, and fit and finish are also excellent. To be honest I just bought a Stevens 200 in the same caliber and it shoots better but is a lot uglier. But then again I won't cry if someone knocks it over and scratches it.

ed'sboy

My Weatherbys have always preformed well. I got my son who shots the wrong way (lefthanded) a left hand 7mm mag with a heavy barrel out of Texas. I went to Guns America, found it online and got a local FFL dealer to buy it and "import" it for me. Synthetic and stainless for hunting and I don't care if they get abused. They are tools and can take the licking.

Jetjockey

I think so.. My dad has a MKV Deluxe in 300WBY.. It is a beautiful gun with great wood.. But the best thing about it... 1 1/4 inch 4 shot groups at 200 yards with Weatherby ammo shooting 180gr partitions.. So, Ya, his was worth it. He paid $1600 for his brand new, and its made in America. He has a gloss Leupy VXIII and had a Boone and Crocket reticle installed (they didn't offer the B&C in gloss finish last year) and it is just a beautiful package..

DURAMAXLT

I've owned 2 of them still have my Fibermark 300wby one of the old ones with the Mcmillan stock shoots awesome

Last edited:

12gamag

Heck yea there worth it!!

Wheatherby rifles are all I tote to the woods....Ive had several differnt ones but Im currently toting a Vanguard Synthetic .308 Win. in the deer woods.

Not all weatherbys are high priced. THe Vangaurd I am shooting now is around $475 and its guaranteed to shoot at LEAST a 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards-they even send you the test target that they used to make sure it shoots good groups.

My .308 Win. shoots 1 1/4 inch groups ALL DAY LONG!!