If you could put that monster buck within bow range 50% of the time!

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
If you could put that monster buck within bow range 50% of the time, would you be interested?

I just learned of a proven method... :D

reylamb

Does this method work on does as well? Does it involve leaving arrows, bow or release in the truck?

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Nope, will not work on doe's and it doesn't involve leaving anything in the truck especially your rain suit. (hint)... :D

QuakerBoy

Ok...I'm interested... :clap:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Patience Rich, good things don't come quick!...:D

I guess the hint about the rain suit would help some.

QuakerBoy

well, your hint came while I was typing...but it still didn't help....

so...tell me tell me tell me :D

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Well first of all you must be willing to hunt in the rain... ;)

Are any of you all afraid to hunt in the rain?... :D

QuakerBoy

well, if the monster would walk by 50% of the time, I'd likely be gettin wet more ofter :rolleyes:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Well, actually you must first find that primary scrape that a monster buck has laid down and once it is found you should hang a stand within bow range of it. I don't mean the little terrortorial scrapes or satellite scrapes either, I mean the big primary scrapes like the ones you find some times as big as the hood of your car. Then...... :D

Randy

And then.....

GO home because you are wasting your time out there in the rain. Ethical bow hunters do not hunt in the rain. That is the quickest way to loose any sign and loose the deer you jsut shot.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Randy, you're jumping to conclusions I didn't say you were to bow hunt only that you could get them within bow range 50% of the time. Plus how often do you find primary scrapes during bow season? You more than likely would be hunting with a gun unless you are just a die hard bow fan. Plus.... :D

Last edited:

GeauxLSU

Yeah, but....

He didn't say he was bow hunting and it ain't in the bow hunting forum. He just said bow RANGE. I'm sitting in the tree with my .44 mag pistol. :clap:
Nut, keep talking..... ;)
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Well, Randy was partially on track. Once you find the scrape and hang your stand close by you get the heck out of there until the next good front moves in. Then you need to time the rain, that is time the stopping of the rain or approximately when the rain is going to stop. Timing the rain these days is not as difficult as it used to be with all the doppler radars and so on either.

But what you want to do, is to be in your stand just a little prior to the rain stopping....because....:D

Can anyone guess what happens next?

Randy

Well I am a die hard bow hunter and you did say bow range so you misslead me. I did not jump to conclusions. I can not confirm that the thread is fake!!

You better hurry I am leaving the office in 10 minutes!