Zatarain's dirty rice

Arrow3

I love this stuff...I was turned on to it by S. Freeman when we worked together....Im cooking up a pot full right now with a pound of ground deer and a cut up polish sausage...Im gonna chow down here in a minute...I should have plenty to take for lunch tomorrow!! :clap:

ramblinrack

i like it too, had it sunday night as a matter of fact. try sautee'in some mushrooms and onions and add more crushed red pepper to the rice. mmmmmmm....good!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I had their red beans and rice last week. I cut up some little cocktail weenies and throw them in. Some fresh cornbread to go with it and you can't beat it. Zatarains can sure nuff put some good food in a box!

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Anything Zatarains makes is good. Gotta be careful my oldest son got hooked on the stuff in college that's how I discovered it. :hair:

Kdog

Just add some Toso ham, and some cajun sausage and you ill be doin just right. Course tomorrow, you may want to be wadeing in a cold stream. :huh: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Kdog

Arrow3

I have a happy belly!!! :cool:

Mrs. Arrow3

Arrow3 said:
I love this stuff...I was turned on to it by S. Freeman when we worked together....Im cooking up a pot full right now with a pound of ground deer and a cut up polish sausage...Im gonna chow down here in a minute...I should have plenty to take for lunch tomorrow!! :clap:

Bout time you got in the kitchen and did some cooking!!! :whip: ;) ::gone: ::gone:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mrs. Arrow3

Arrow3 said:
I have a happy belly!!! :cool:

And if you're gonna steal my little sayings, get it right....it's happy tummy, not belly!!! :whip: :D :D

ramblinrack

Arrow3's Girl said:
And if you're gonna steal my little sayings, get it right....it's happy tummy, not belly!!! :whip: :D :D

dang...the poor boy is ALREADY gittin hen-pecked.

:rolleyes: :( :hammers:

DaddyPaul

Brandon don't feel bad brother, my kids actually ask me to cook supper most of the time. I figure if we're gonna eat we might as well eat good! As far as happy tummies go mine is generally pretty happy too but the people around me don't seem to be! :hair:

GeauxLSU

You guys are killing me. If you REALLY want to know how to cook the stuff, I'll post a recipe. And it ain't "dirty rice" (that's what the Yankees call it! :rolleyes: ), it's properly called "rice dressing". Now that I think about it, that's what I should have brought to the cookout... :banginghe
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Woody's Janitor

ramblinrack said:
dang...the poor boy is ALREADY gittin hen-pecked.

:rolleyes: :( :hammers:
Rack, h :bounce: e has already been pecked months ago. That's why he has a happy tummy!!!!

H

HT2

Teddy.......

You said it brother!!!!!!!!!

The boy is "ate up"!!!!!!!!!

Which ain't all bad........Ya know?????? :clap: :clap: :clap:

willbuck

I made some Zatarins Dirty Rice dressing last night (minus the liver). Boy that stuff is good with some texas pete on top.

I will be finishing it up at lunch today. :)

Arrow3

Woody's Janitor said:
Rack, h :bounce: e has already been pecked months ago. That's why he has a happy tummy!!!!

Ok....Am I the only one lost on this one?? :huh:

H

HT2

Brandon.......

Yep you are........... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Scott........

That sounds purdy good...........Dirty Rice with Texas Pete on it sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CharlesH

Man that stuff is good, actually all Zatarans mix is good, that's how i've made it in college. I like the Gumbo and the jambalya mix too.....texas pete is good, but try some Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning, now that'll had some flavor.

Phil, i know it's not REAL cajun, but for something quick it is pretty tasty.....and chicken livers don't really soot my taste buds; if you've got that recipe i'd give it a try though.