Unusual shot

BowArrow

Up until this year, I had only seen one coyote from my stand. This morning I was hunting a hardwood thicket behind a large peanut field in Jenkins Co. At 8 am a coyote crossed about twenty-five yards in front of me and went into a thicket. I stood up and got ready not expecting to get a shot but he turned 90 Deg. and came in front of me at eight yards. I grunted and he stopped. It was a pass thru with a Magnus 4 blade.

This was my sixth hunt and have not seen a single deer although I am hunting some good areas in Bulloch, Candler and Jenkins Co. The Jenkins land has the most tracks,trails,scraps and rubs that I have ever seen. Begining in Oct, I will be spending a lot of time in Jenkins Co. as I am retired and can hunt every day. I will be hunting in one of the above Counties in the morning. It can only get better ( I hope ).

Kdog

Congrats on the Yote! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Always good to rid one of them.

Best of luck on your future hunts.

Kdog

HMwolfpup

keep stickin them yotes and good luck with the deer...oh yeah, I'm jealous...pretty much a weekend warrior for the deer, I got about 30 more years til I can retire.....but save at least 2 weeks vacation every year for hunting :)

Good Luck!!!

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Glad to hear you got that yote and that the Magnus performed like it should as I just switched to them this year... :clap:

Congrats!

Tom Borck

Banned
I assume this is C. Howard, from Old Woodys? ::huh:

I heard from several farmers, truck drivers that the deer have been moving mid morning, around 10:00. I have seen more deer this year than any other year. Normally during bow season I only see a few deer, but this year I have seen deer, had opportunities to shoot deer, and more sign than any other year.

Good Luck!!! Whereabouts in Jenkins do you hunt?

braintree

I'm glad your seeing deer Tom. I've seen one yealing doe and it's mama on the afternoon of the 14th and that is it. I'm not even seeing many tracks under the acorn trees and my 1/2 acre plot of iron clay peas will be thigh high next week. I don't know what is going on this year.