Mission for Spring 08

BubbaD

Here is my mission...should I choose to accept it...... I am going to take, set up, call in and make sure gatrapper gets his 1st bird this coming season. :) Yes I know this will be a daunting task and I may self destruct before May 15... but I think it can be done. :bounce:
He is young and full of P & Viniger but he will listen to an elder while in the woods. Matter of fact his youthful hearing came in handy twice last season. I have always hunted with dudes 20 year my senior so it felt weird when I had to be asked if "I heard that"?
I have 3 and possibly by then 4 places that have a nice population of birds so hopefully that wont be the issue. We didnt start till late last season so it was tuff. We hit my close place twice and had birds hang up then I got wisked away to work when we went to his place. I finally broke down and took him to my supper secret honey hole but I had never been down there that late in the seaosn and sure enough it was tough.
Well this year I am going to take him early and put it all on a silver platter for him. I will put him right in their lap and it will all be on him to seal the deal. It might even cost me one but to help the young whipper snapper get the monkey off of his back will be worth it.
Wonder what the Vegas odds will be on this monumental task. Any takers on wether or not I may succed? :flag:

I got 5 bucks that says I can do it! I would bet 10 but this gatrapper we are talking about :rofl:::ke:

Gadget

Here is my mission...should I choose to accept it...... I am going to take, set up, call in and make sure gatrapper gets his 1st bird this coming season. :) Yes I know this will be a daunting task and I may self destruct before May 15... but I think it can be done. :bounce:
He is young and full of P & Viniger but he will listen to an elder while in the woods. Matter of fact his youthful hearing came in handy twice last season. I have always hunted with dudes 20 year my senior so it felt weird when I had to be asked if "I heard that"?
I have 3 and possibly by then 4 places that have a nice population of birds so hopefully that wont be the issue. We didnt start till late last season so it was tuff. We hit my close place twice and had birds hang up then I got wisked away to work when we went to his place. I finally broke down and took him to my supper secret honey hole but I had never been down there that late in the seaosn and sure enough it was tough.
Well this year I am going to take him early and put it all on a silver platter for him. I will put him right in their lap and it will all be on him to seal the deal. It might even cost me one but to help the young whipper snapper get the monkey off of his back will be worth it.
Wonder what the Vegas odds will be on this monumental task. Any takers on wether or not I may succed? :flag:

I got 5 bucks that says I can do it! I would bet 10 but this gatrapper we are talking about :rofl:::ke:

I'll bet the 5 bucks that you put him on one, but bet another 10 that he misses.......:bounce::cry:

gobblingghost

Are you sure he is up for the challange because you know as well as every other turkey hunter once the spell of the bearded three toe is cast the victim is never the same. He will be obsessed until his dieing day with the ones that got away.

Jasper

Bubba,

One things for sure...........if you're not successful and end up with your foot caught in a leg trap shortly after turkey season is over it will NOT be a coincidence! :bounce:

BubbaD

Bubba,

One things for sure...........if you're not successful and end up with your foot caught in a leg trap shortly after turkey season is over it will NOT be a coincidence! :bounce:

You might be right. Guess I better watch my step.

Oh well...I guess we will find out in March. I will drag this one back up around the beginning of March and we can wager and debate :bounce:

dutchman

I'd be willing to bet Bubba won't get to go turkey hunting next spring. Something'll come up...;)

BubbaD

I'd be willing to bet Bubba won't get to go turkey hunting next spring. Something'll come up...;)

There is that elephant again :bounce:

You may be right on a few days but not the whole time. Tell you what...I'll just have to have you and SCPO down to our camp and cook some steaks...will that get me forgiveness?

trkyhntr70

I'll bet the 5 bucks that you put him on one, but bet another 10 that he misses.......:bounce::cry:

:rofl: LOL that just aint right, but pretty funny:bounce:
Com on Gatrapper you can do it!! Do wish for 1 gobbler, Go for the limit and maybe you will get half way there!