List items your Lab or other Puppies or dogs have chewed up here

bassfishga

This should get interesting, maybe we will have a most expensive dog or puppy. List items your Dog or Puppy has chewed up, torn up around your house.:eek: Let's see who has the most expensive or most items or best dog for just chewing up one thing.:rofl: Tires, hats, furniture, etc...

Hi-tech Redneck

The whole corner off one wall in the kitchen, dug hole through linoleum into subfloor, and started digging a hole on through the deck. That was at the old house before crate training. Adolescent, black lab male.

CAL

Well,I will put our new Australian shepard up against any ones dog for destroying things.First it was the cushions in the outdoor chairs,paint roller,jeep top,4-wheeler seat cover,wife's pocketbook,car washing brush,broom,floor mat,grandchildrens toys,the pads I shoot off of,water hose,yard tools[shovel handle,digger handles,etc],mail,UPS delivery,stool,shoes,flowers,plants in pots,wood working clamps,4o9 bottle,fertlizer bags,rags from the shop,cover on a cot.Man,I can't even remember what all this dog has chewed up!Sometimes I could blow his brains out I get so out done with him.

Rick Alexander

I've since replaced it but

had a lab that scratched a hole in an entry door so bad had to replace it. Cost about $250 but got steel that time. He didn't put a hole in that one but it wasn't for lack of trying.:banginghe

Had a golden retriever one time that cost me $500 to get back from the pound because he wouldn't stay in the fence. He wasn't malicious or anything and really never went anywhere but the front porch - just wanted to be where everybody else was all the time. I don't want to know how much money I spent trying to break him from that habit but it was a bunch. Very trainable dog except for that. I would have gotten him out of the pokie a 100 times if I had to because I loved that dog to death. Died of cancer about 8 years ago. I still have his collar hanging on my nightstand mirror and it'll be there when they carry me to the ground. I guess he cost me the most - and I'm not talking about money. Broke my heart so bad I didn't get another dog until just this past christmas - which of course was another golden.

zach987

Our last dog, a newfoundland, decided my laptop was a chew toy while I was at work.

Rick, I have always belived that there are special dogs for sportsmen like those of us here. When they pass their memories are passed on to our children so that it can lead our children to find their own.

gadeerwoman

When my former rottweiler took up at the house he age a glass jar of peanut butter..glass and all...and chewed the tops off and DRANK 3 quarts of motor oil !! My german shepherd chews up everything that is not metal. Border collie just chewed up his molded dog house.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
i keep mine outside so houshold items are not an issue. BUT he has chewed little minnows gator(bite marks all over it) chewed every toy she has EVER left outside, countless shoes, and fishing rod handles. I have a old oak church bench he has chewed it all over and we have two ash rokers on the front porch they dont have any chair arms anymore.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
:eek:
All of the seats out of the bass boat. Not good.

Is it still alive?

I had a German Shepherd that was jealous of my wife. After we got married she moved in. We went out for dinner and he destroyed her purse and put all the chewed up stuff from her purse on the top of the steps. Then he shredded a 50 pound bag of dog food. My wife was not happy. I actually thought it was a little funny (the purse part anyway).:bounce:

maker4life

I got a new GSP in Oct. and about a week after her coming home I noticed my computers internet connection getting worse and worse until it finaly quit . First thing I do is start checking my connections when I find the cable going from my modem to my router looking like the hair on one of those troll dolls . Needless to say Lilly doesn't sit under my feet while I'm on here anymore .

HayabusaTygr

1st Lab: never chewed up anything he wasn't supposed to chew (I know, a rarity, right?)

Lab Mix # 1 : Door Frame, Shoes, Door Knob, Metal Blinds, Door, Bed Skirt, Metal Crate, and Plastic Crate

Lab Mix (current): significant other fell asleep while she was out and about (not crated):
Back Pockets out of blue jeans
Pairs of socks
Remnants/guts of unknown objects from around the house - plastic and cotton in origin

SnowHunter

Ours chewed up I can't remember how many pairs of shoes. Several Ian never got to wear :hair: Socks, Laundry baskets, boxes, oh yes, on the boxes...had a bunch outside on the deck waiting to get burned and she chewed em all up and scattered em in the yard :hair: She's a walker/blackntan mix

SE.GAcoondawg

Weimer, he pretty much stayed bored.:banginghe Knobs on the grill, coolers, toys, tree stands, water hoses, extension cords of course never when they were plugged in. Tools which include hammers, screwdrivers, rake handles, pliers, pretty much anything he could get hold of. All of this in the first month.:rofl::rofl: Wasn't funny at the time.

Rich Kaminski

A couch, love seat and recliner. A carpet, wooden kitchen table, clothes, shoes (about 12 pair), a plastic garbage can (kitchen style).
Mary Jane and the dog looked like it was smiling while it walker down the stairs sideways.
That was my Alaskan Malamute (it happened over 30 years ago).
My current Catahoula chews up socks, tissues, whole rolls of toilet paper, razor blades, he attacks my leaf blower when it is on, as well as my DeWalt drill (can't work with him around).

shadow2

A good buddy of mine came home one day to find his doberman chewing on the lawnmower blade. He had turned the push mower on its side and was chewing on the blade.

The worst for me personally is my wifes dog ( we have no idea as the the breeds) got my Okley sunglasses. and countless pairs of shoes and just about anything not nailed down.

Last edited:

Sargent

The TV remote control and a brand new pair of my wife's shoes.

clay30286

Young female lab - numerous garden hoses, decking, more yard stuff than I can remember, but her greatest achievement was the ABS wiring from under a vehicle overnight. Caused a complete lockdown of the brake system.

SGADawg

I am blessed

My 12 week old Lab hasn't desroyed anything yet.:banana:

Followed Richard Wolter's book by scolding him each time he started chewing something and then giving him a chew toy. Now, when he gets bored, he goes in the corner by my chair and picks out a chew toy to gnaw on.

Being retired and not leaving him home alone all day every day helps a lot, I'm sure. He also seems more calm than most Labs I have been around. A littermate to him has about destroyed a house I hear.

Early intervention and plenty of attention seem to help the chewing problem, it usually is the result of boredom. That is why I waited until retirement to get another Lab that would be a part-time house dog.

southern_pride

one of ours

is great(or should I saw was great, he won't go near it anymore :)) at turning a 100' waterhose into 100, 1 ' water hoses. It was kind of funny though, every time he took a dump it had little bright green specks in it. Almost the same thing with a liver pointer when I was younger with a box of crayons, rainbow poo. Let see, a jack russel named Taz, the corners off the end table legs, a plugged in lamp cord(he learned from that one real quick), man he was a 4 legged back hoe too.

shadow2

this is some great reading