Back from Unicoi

Dudley Do-Wrong

Just got home; here's the low-down. On Saturday it was a very sparse crowd, many of the vendors packed up at about 2:00 and left. Rick (Gadget) and I stayed Saturday night and no one was there. Bram (Gerry) and Carp (David) was there but didn't stay at the lodge. I at least got to meet a few folks which I always enjoy. Word is that next year it will probably be held somewhere in Augusta. I did buy a Darrin Dawkins short box and a Dad's scratch box. On the way back, we did see a flock of birds in a field and everything was cool until Rick started doing a fighting purr, the birds evidently want any part of a fight and headed off.

Daddy Paul was there bet he was sick as a dog, only talked to him for about one minute.

Gadget

On the way back, we did see a flock of birds in a field and everything was cool until Rick started doing a fighting purr, the birds evidently want any part of a fight and headed off.

:rofl:
practicing my secret method on how to run off hens when they're henned up with a gobbler....:bounce:

It's sad to see that show dwindle away like it has, hopefully they can revive it by moving around but evidently this has already been tried and didn't work so I don't know what's gonna happen for the future.

Gerry did you get your truck fixed and back home ok???

Nice meeting everyone!!

Greg Tench

It was nice to meet both of you. David, I too bought a short box from Darrin. That thing sounds good !!!

Gadget

It was nice to meet both of you. David, I too bought a short box from Darrin. That thing sounds good !!!

I was going to too but Darrin packed up and high tailed, I tried to talk David out of his; told him it just didn't have the right tone but I'd take it off his hands anyway...........didn't work.

Greg Tench

I was going to too but Darrin packed up and high tailed, I tried to talk David out of his; told him it just didn't have the right tone but I'd take it off his hands anyway...........didn't work.

:bounce::bounce:

gblrklr

I think Darrin has decided to go to nationals. If you are going to get a call, you might want to get it early.

Ricochet

It was nice meeting y'all! I guess I missed Darrin Dawkins...dang (I got there about 2:30)! I might have bought 1 of his boxes.

There is a nice flock of birds at the farm down the road from Unicoi...we saw 20+ hens when we arrived and saw 4 gobblers when we left. My kids played their crow calls for them and got them to look. LOL

Dudley Do-Wrong

I tried to talk David out of his; told him it just didn't have the right tone but I'd take it off his hands anyway...........didn't work.

I'll trade you for that fake Neil Cost box.

Bram

:rofl:
practicing my secret method on how to run off hens when they're henned up with a gobbler....:bounce:

It's sad to see that show dwindle away like it has, hopefully they can revive it by moving around but evidently this has already been tried and didn't work so I don't know what's gonna happen for the future.

Gerry did you get your truck fixed and back home ok???

Nice meeting everyone!!

Yep..got a guy from another motel to take me and Carp over to Cleveland to AutoZone..got on the road about 12 or so and back home now..just not my weekend but nice meeting everyone..Enjoy the cane call Rick..forgot to sign it..get it later..nice meeting everyone:bounce:

Ed in North Ga.

I havent been to that show in years- my now wife used to work in the craftstore so I always ended up there during the weekend since I lived right up the road a hair.- it used to be a MADHOUSE- camo everywhere and the sound of gobblers down every hallway. By 1pm on a Saturday, if you went there for the show, you werent gettin in- and what tourists were left were heading for the doors, shaking their heads.

DaddyPaul

Sorry I wasn't much fun Saturday, I don't know if it was the shrimp, tartar sauce or what but I went down quick.

We made it home about 4:00 this afternoon and am feeling a little better, just weak.

Good seeing y'all again!

bossgobbler

unicoi

We got home about 3:30 pm. It was nice to see you again Mr. David, and good to meet Gadget. Bram, that is a sweet wingbone you made me and I am itching to try it out. Good to see you again Carp. The weekend was down, and we are looking at various ideas to bring it back to life like it used to be. Don't know yet what the secret code is but we have to try to do something to revive it. See ya'll in Perry hopefully.
Bossgobbler

Huntinfool

Man, I hate that I couldn't make it. The wife had class all day on Sat, so that made dad the babysitter for the day. I've been trying to get up there for a few years now and I never can get it to work out. Glad you guys had fun even if it was a sparce crowd.

Carp

I enjoyed meeting up with some old friends and making some new ones. I also purchased a Dawkins box. That is one nice sounding box. I hope it takes part in the death of a few turkeys this year.