what do you have to replace every turkey season

dognducks

Banned
I was curious as to what everyone has to replace in there vest every turkey season. I some how or another always loose my chalk. I'll have 3 or 4 sticks in the bottom of my vest and some how they magically dissapear. Another thing is my face mask and gloves. I bet i buy two or three a year from loosing the others. I'm just really careless on wear i lay them down because i'm usually overjoyed to get to take them off. Other things that are a necessity for me to replace are diaphrams, sandpaper, and shells. What do yall have

Randy

Diaprams calls. I am not one of those guys who like to feeze them from year to year. Besides by the end of the season mine are worn out anyway.

MKW

Thermacell pads and fuel. I go through a lot of those! Sand paper and ScotchBrite pads also get replaced. I only use mouth calls for about 2 weeks, so I go through alot of those also.
Mike

Dudley Do-Wrong

Mouth calls, thermocell gas and pads, may loose a striker every now and then, lost a deke last year, lost my mind a few years ago and never replaced it.

Huntinfool

diaphragm calls for sure. Usually have to pick up a new pair of gloves and I have the WORST time keeping up with strikers. I bet I lose 3-4 a year.

Left a good crystal call in the woods somewhere last year too.

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

thermacell pads and fuel #1 and #2 usually replace some diaphram calls, every other year i usually get a new striker and slate call

Dudley Do-Wrong

It's good for business when folks loose calls and strikers.

wack em

New diaphrams, 2 fasemask, couple pairs of gloves, broadheads, crow call......

GobbleAndGrunt78

I usually only have to replace sand paper, but end up buying more calls/gadgets than I honestly need. I can't help it.....they just look so good on the shelf at Bass Pro!! :banginghe I have fell in love with the Sonic Dome diaphrams last season, and bought the mini one last night at Wally World.

I think gasoline is the thing I use the most of during turkey season!!!

gobblingghost

I have lost calls, strikers, gloves, and even my mind once or twice. But I lose one thing more than all things combined "SLEEP"

Gadget

striking iron (toilet paper). all i have to do is smell the pines and it's that time.

:rofl:

I know what you mean, got in this bad rhythm last year; almost every morning right bout time the first gobble would sound off and you need to hot foot it for the bird........ I'd be hot footing for a natrue call instead!:banginghe

I have to replace socks every year, wear em out, there'll be holes in the heals by the end of turkey season. That and diaphrams.

Last edited:

jcarter

Banned
ill have to replace my hat this year. it was of the jones type and handed down by a great uncle from many years back. that hat had more than 150 kills combined under its many times restitched brim. but it sits somewhere between cohorn branch and windy gap on cohutta wma. off the subject...but speaking of dropping trou....seems that it beats any shock call for getting a bird to sound off. cant count the number of times ive been in the mddle of a good morning constitution and had a bird sound off.