Kitty Kitty Kitty

Randy

What bird is it that I hear every morning while listening for a gobble. They start real early and it sounds like the are say "kitty, kitty, kitty."

JBowers

Randy,

Might be a Carolina Wren? However, I never thought of the call as "kitty, kitty, kitty". To me it sounds more like "tea kettle, tea kettle, tea kettle." The Carolina Wren also has a distinct alarm call that can alert the attentive listener when something is moving through, such as a deer.

Razorback

JB,

I told my son the bird is singing "cheeburger cheeburger cheeburger cheeburger" :bounce:

Like the old Saturday Night Live skit w/ John Bulushi's charcter in the dinner.

Razorback

gobblingghost

I can't believe no one has heard a hungry dog bird in the morning.

flat foot

Take me turkey hunting and I'll guess for you :huh: . Sorry Randy, humor running over to this post too.

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
probably a

Carolina Wren...possibly a Common Yellowthroat..........but that's more of a Whitchity, whitchity, whitchity...... :D

beginnersluck

it might be a Phoebe. It says "fee-bee, fee-bee, fee-bee", or some type of wren.

willhunt

I think it could be...

a cardinal (red bird). This time of year the males are trying to win a mate. To me it sounds like "pretty, pretty, pretty" but I'd bet that's what it is. They are also, for some reason, one of the first birds up and singing every morning.

wh

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
gobblingghost said:
I can't believe no one has heard a hungry dog bird in the morning.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: