Lester, GA.. Mitchell Co... anyone familiar?

Just 1 More

Anyone hunt around the Lester area in Mitchell Co.? I'm looking at 600+/- acres that was used for mostly quail hunting. I'm thinking of leasing it for deer. What is the deer heard like in that area? The land is mostly all pines with various stages of controled burns. LOTS of fire breaks that can be planted as food plots. 2 small creek/drainages and 2 ponds a little over 1/2 acre each

rip18

I haven't been back that way in a couple of years, but worked on a couple of properties near Lester for a while. Genetics are there. Food is usually there, both native & ag fields. If the patchy burning continues, that should help. Just make sure there are some thickets for escape cover & secure bedding. The only thing is keeping deer alive until they mature, depends on what the neighbors are doing in that specific area.

I would say that as far as density goes, that area would have a "moderate" population with pockets of lower & higher density. Two-and-one-half year old deer over there should usually be 90-class deer with some 120-class. Anything over 3 1/2 ranges from 1teens to 150+.

If you have any other questions, I might be able to tell you more.

Timbo

If you can join get in.Being from albany and 3 miles from mitchell line. Ive had the opportunity to hunt there and there are some big bucks walking around there.

GAMHUNTER35

do you need members

was just wondering if you might need any members always looking for land close to my house. hunted out that way an hav seen some nice deer. got a few turkeys out there to

Just 1 More

If I ever hear back from them,, i'll let you know,, as it stands now,,, they don't seem to have the time to deal with us who wish to lease land. :crazy: