Ok I did it.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I went to Wal-Mart today and they had a Clearance Sale on a Minolta DiMageZ1 Digital camera 10x optical zoom , 3.2 mega pixel. I got it for $156.00 . Has software for loading pictures and software for editing and printing pictures. Did I do OK? I also bought and extra card that will hold 218 pictures. The one with the camera holds 20. I really want to get into digital photography and didn't want to spend too much before I learned or found out if I had a talent for it.

Handgunner

Doesn't sound like you did bad. I have an Oly and love it! Get out tomorrow and practice with it! You're gonna love that digital!

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Sounds like you done real good, though we'll have a better idea once you start posting a few pic's.... :D ;)

Bring'em on... :)

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Not familiar with the minolta

but with a 10 x optical you can't go wrong :fine: :clap:

enjoy:)

leo

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
A fine camera at a great price.

Also saw an OLY 750 on sale at HHGreg for $199.

Jim

Augie

Sounds like you did real good. I've got $350.00 w/tax in my Sony CyberShot 5.0 mp, and it only has a 3x zoom.
I also set it at 1.8 mp because I can get more pics and just as good quality, imo for the pics I shoot.
Start practicing, and show us some pics! :cheers:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I used it a good bit yesterday after Church. I think I am going to like this camera. I went to Wal-Mart and printed a couple of 4x6's and they were great. I will load the software tonight and start learning more about re-sizing and what ever, so I can start posting. The zoom is something else, But will need to use my tripod alot for this.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Here we go!!

EthansHen1a.JPG

Picture is a Trout Fly I created and named for a Grandson of mine. Ethan's Hen.

Handgunner

Nothing wrong with that picture! Neat way to name the fly also! :clap:

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Great pic Paymaster

Congrats:)

I sent you a pm:)

leo