Baiting Permit??

Arrow3

Does anyone know who I contact specifically for Taliaferro County for the baiting hogs permit??

H

HT2

Brandon.........

Ah, go ahead.........

Tell 'em I said you was O.K. and I gave you permission to do so........ :cool:

Woody's Janitor

Brandon, all you got to do is wave a twenty dollar bill in a Waffle House and you don't even need a license. :bounce:

longbeardtom

Taliaferro Hog Permit

Taliaferro Co. is in the Thomson Region of Game Mgt. They will have to issue it to you. You can't get it during turkey season though.

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
longbeardtom said:
Taliaferro Co. is in the Thomson Region of Game Mgt. They will have to issue it to you. You can't get it during turkey season though.

And be sure to have all your paper work with you showing you either own the land or the property is leased in your name.

Arrow3

I just want to get one for the lease that Im in...Is that not possible??

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Here is what I have

To obtain a permit, a landowner or lessee should contact the WRD Game Management region office where the property is located. The Hunting Seasons and Regs booklet has a region map and phone numbers.

"They will need to provide certain information, such as where the land is located, what the damage is, the acreage of property, and then the permit will be mailed to them," Bill said.

read on this:)

leo

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Brandon,

Here is the info I received.

The purpose for permit issuance has been extended beyond just the protection of agricultural crops to include prevention of other property damage and to meet wildlife management objectives. Application must be made through the Thomson Game Mgmt office. Conditions and procedures are as follows:
The permits will be issued to landowners or to lease holders of hunting rights with approval of all appropriate landowners.
Permits will be issued on a case-by-case basis by the Game Mgmt office.
Permits allow the permit holder, or those designated by the permit holder, to shoot feral hogs from a vehicle, or to use a 12-volt light to aid in shooting hogs, and to shoot hogs in the immediate vicinity of bait.
Permits will be issued and valid from the day after firearms deer season until March 10th and May 16th until September 1st.
Anyone shooting feral hogs under this permit has the responsibility to do so safely including but not limited to not shooting from a public road, not shooting in the vicinity of a dwelling, not shooting while in the possession of an alcoholic beverage, and not handling a firearm in an unsafe manner.
Anyone shooting feral hogs under this permit or accompanying someone shooting feral hogs under this permit must be at least 16 years of age, a licensed hunter, and a Georgia resident. Provided that non-resident landowners (not assistants) may qualify for a permit.
Anyone shooting feral hogs under this permit must have, on their person, written permission from the permit holder.
Outside of the designated time frame, feral hogs may be hunted in accordance with existing laws and regulations including meeting all licensing and safety requirements.
On all properties covered by such permit, feral hogs must be killed on site. Live feral hogs may not be transported within or off such properties at any time of the year. Live feral hogs may not be held in confinement on the permitted property except in the trap where the hogs were originally caught.