Hearing Devices

Over the years shooting has damaged hearing in my left ear. Now in the turkey woods (deer hunting to) I find it hard to course and would like to save what hearing I have left. Anyone tried walkers game ear? or sport ear? If so do they work? are they worth the money? any recomendations on products that would help?

Dudley Do-Wrong

I have severe hearing loss in both ears and use digital hearing aids. I have not tried to use any of the commercial products you mentioned as my hearing aids cost $5,000 and should be better.

Randy

I am going to pick up the walker at the nationals this year.

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
I am going to pick up the walker at the nationals this year.

I've got the ear muffs and they work to a degree. One problem I have is you can bump them and turn them on and drain the battery the other is while wearing them I have a hard time trying to pinpoint direction of sound even though each ear has a seperate volume control :huh:
They work but they're not perfect

dixie

I'd just as soon go to the woods without my rifle as my game ear

alphachief

My buddy uses the game ears. He can hear better, but has a terrible time figuring out what direction the sounds come from.

Randy

My buddy uses the game ears. He can hear better, but has a terrible time figuring out what direction the sounds come from.
With the individual aids or the muffs?

dixie

I have the game ear II and after I learned how to set it, that stopped the problem for me Ron

Dudley Do-Wrong

The one thing about real hearing aids is that they are better at directional recognition.

that directional thing is a must!!!!!!!!!!! what good does it do to hear a turkey in the next county but not know which county it is?

mac125

hearing aids

i have messed up my left ear as well lost 15% and 5% in right didnt really want to spend the amount on the walkers quite yet so i bought some made the same pretty much made by radian got both for 100 bucks have used them for 4 years now even washed them in the washing machine before still work fine helps me locate sounds better but they can get a little aggravating on windy days unless you wear a headnet all and all well worth it i think i got them from macks prarie wings catalog.just a suggestion to try

alphachief

With the individual aids or the muffs?

Muffs...but if the individual units work better...I don't want to tell him. I've got him convinced I'm just that much better turkey hunter than he is!!!!!!!!!!!!

just my thought..... this is why I asked but one ear seems that it wouldn't do anything but make hearing really good in one ear not both

deedly

I had the same problem with the Walkers behind the ear type. Now I use some cheap hearing aids I got at Academy Sports that fit inside my ear. Seems that being inside my ear helps in determining which direction the gobble is coming from. The aids I purchased were around 20 bucks. Tried some muffs once and they did not do good for me. Inside the ear is the way to go.

Gadget

Other than the professional units, I think Walkers Game Ear would be the next best pick.

Bob Walker and Paul Butski will be at the booth for the NWTF convention this weekend.

Latest posts