quota turkey hunt

Question? I was checking my quota hunt application and when I logged onto the DNR web site it said that I was selected for my #3 choice. But when I look at the list on the DNR web site of the names that were selected, my name is not there. #1 - would you just show up on the week you were supposedly selected? (haha) or contact DNR to see what is going on? Really just wondering if this happened to anyone else?

Dupree

I was rejected, but only put in for one hunt. I would call if I were you. Which hunt is it?

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Selections have not been made.

I believe they will run them tomorrow (Monday).

Timberdawg

When I went to their website it said that I was not selected but my dad was. I have a priority point from last year that I applied to this years hunt, he did not but still got selected. We applied for the same hunts. Why would he get selected before me?

BOWHOGKILLER

The whole thing is a SCAM. I know I put In for 3 hunts at Griffin Ridge with priority points and didn’t get a one, but there are 3 people that got 2 of the hunts. The first one and the last one. It would seem, if this were computer generated this could not have happened.

Dupree

I had one priority point, but I applied for river creek, so I was expecting a rejection. Maybe next year or two I will get drawn.

blindhog

I had 1 ppt. 1st choice river creek, 2 and 3 choices were Chickasawhatchee.

I did not get selected.

How is the selection done?

clent586

I believe the lists have not been updated. It says that I got my first choice, but I have not got an email confirmation as of yet? Maybe tomorrow.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Selections have not been made.

I believe they will run them tomorrow (Monday).

According to my login on the DNR site they were :banana: :banana::cool::cool: We got drew for our first choice..........

Unicoidawg

Staff member
my log in says they have not been selected :banginghe

Well mine does.............but then ya go over to the page with the names listed and our names are not on it?:huh:? Go figure huh......................

Get this......................... I go back over to the page and sign in as my wife, then again as my dad and all 3 of our log in pages show us as drawing our 1st selection............man o man

H2OFowler

I would also love to know what's going on

I applied for both weeks at Chickasawhatchee. My father in-law called yesterday to say he'd gotten drawn for the second week (based on the list), just like he did last year. But when I looked at it, it looks IDENTICAL to last year's list. The list says 2008 on the top, but what are the odds that 3 people I know all got drawn for the exact same days as last year with all the people that applied? :huh:

For those saying that they have been "selected", are they by any chance the same you got drawn for last year?

quota hunts

MY logon also shows that the selections have been made and the lists on the DNR web site say 2008 turkey hunts. This is really odd. Either the list is not correct or the information under my account is not correct. Not sure which but I will call Tuesday. Thanks.

dixiesportsman

mine says process is closed pending, i dont think it has come out yet, i dont think those names are right because those same names were up when i put it in back in the early fall, and they wouldnt put names up until the process closed after febuary 15th, but i dont know but have been curious to find out

Public Land Prowler

The whole thing is a SCAM. I know I put In for 3 hunts at Griffin Ridge with priority points and didn’t get a one, but there are 3 people that got 2 of the hunts. The first one and the last one. It would seem, if this were computer generated this could not have happened.

You aren't missing much...LOL I took one bird out there back in '97 I believe.That's when there used to be alot of game out there.I have been on a few hunts since then and was lucky enough to hear a gobble on 2 of those hunts.What good is a quota hunt when guys go in there during small game in the end of feb and shoot them when they first start gobbling?ANYWAYS...

I know a guy who got multiple hunts there when I was rejected.I was told the reason was b/c he picked hunts that were not as popular,and therefore they had no one to put in the hunts.Sooo...he gets multiple hunts.Say for instance 20 people put in for the first hunt,50 put in for each the other hunts,and 15 put in for the last hunt.And some chose the hunts with not enough people to fill the quota(I know imagine that).25 slots are available for each hunt,so they fill them with 2nd choices giving people multiple hunts...That's how it was explained to me...

I have NEVER been picked for 2 deer/turkey hunts per year!I have been to 1 deer,and 1 turkey hunt,but never 2 of the same species in the same year.I thought you could only go to ONE quota hunt????

That same guy makes it out there everytime he puts in though....Deer or turkey..;)

threadfin-nole

Your account will tell you if you were selected. The lists that are shown are from last year. The lists have not been updated yet.

JBowers

The applications for turkey quota hunts have not been processed. At this time, we do not know why folks are getting those messages in their accounts. We are working to resolve that issue and will process the applications later this week. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

John

status changed

Today my account shows status as pending and the lists on the DNR web site are now blank. This modern technology keeps you on your toes.