Gaswamp's turkey slayer

Gun Docc

said he was ready fer them swamp birds now !

joejoiner.jpg

said something bout he likes to shoot em from the prone position so i fixed him up

Was nice meeting you Joe, hope you kill a nice limbhanger this spring

Gadget

Be good for them ole field birds too, reach out and touch someone....:bounce:

Gaswamp

Curtis, whew that was some long driving yesterday but well worth it. I enjoyed the visit and chewing the fat with you and the gents.

There is no doubt the shotgun will shoot just can't figure out what to do if I see one I want to mount:bounce:

Attachments

• DCP_0972 (398 x 600).jpg
    DCP_0972 (398 x 600).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 347

CCGA

re

I sure hope you dont expect me to help you carry that thing in the woods.Oh yeah - you left that holy piece of paper at the house today. I will hang on to them for you.

Gaswamp

yeah, I will need help toting it.

Steven Farr

what do you really plan on doing with this?

That's what we use on "foodplot" turkeys up here in the mountains. When they stay out of range of conventional turkey guns we break these out. You just get there early and brush your setup in real good. All that is left to do then is wait. You don't want to carry it around very much cause it gets sorta heavy after a mile or so.:bounce:

dognducks

Banned
That's what we use on "foodplot" turkeys up here in the mountains. When they stay out of range of conventional turkey guns we break these out. You just get there early and brush your setup in real good. All that is left to do then is wait. You don't want to carry it around very much cause it gets sorta heavy after a mile or so.:bounce:

why not be like randy, gadget, arrow3 and all the others and just use a muzzleloader. how do you think they kill birds each year.

threeleggedpigmy

Mod
Staff member
Thats not for turkey, it for pterodactyl:shoot::shoot:
Nice gun

Gun Docc

just a bit more info on the turkey slayer :D

it is a 12 gauge Savage 210 bolt action with a big bore 1-1/4 inch diameter barrel that is 38 inches long with a 4-1/2 inch drop in choke system, the action sports a 6x24x44 scope and is in a custom weighted Walnut ambidextrous bench rest stock that also has a custom bipod system for better aim. the gun weighs 38 lbs and is fun toting around :D

trigger is set to a crisp 9 ounces so when your ready to shoot it don't take all day to squeeze one off and blow a good hole in em

Yeah i know , it's a bit overkill but gets the job done :D

Gadget

why not be like randy, gadget, arrow3 and all the others and just use a muzzleloader. how do you think they kill birds each year.

No we don't use muzzleloaders, we use the "Super Savage Gunn Doc Special" which was not supposed to be revealed until after the contest, Good fer dem field turkey.:bounce:

Dudley Do-Wrong

Looks like a sniper gun for turkey