sick of chiggers.

what do yall do to prevent chiggers? ive tried numerous bug sprays, but it seems like none of them are consistent. Ive heard cutter is good and a brand called "the ugly orange bottle" or something...idk...any suggestions my lower body would greatly appreciate it. I still have blemishes from where they got during bow season. seriously what purpose does a chigger serve????

Sterlo58

Try this it works

I used to be a chigger magnet. I tried something a friend suggested. I bought a pair of the Basspro zip up snake boots. Tuck your pants into your socks and wear the zip up snake boots. Even without spraying down it makes a dramatic difference. Spray a little permanone on your pants and tuck pants into socks and boots. NO MORE CHIGGERS !!!!!

rex upshaw

what do yall do to prevent chiggers? ive tried numerous bug sprays, but it seems like none of them are consistent. Ive heard cutter is good and a brand called "the ugly orange bottle" or something...idk...any suggestions my lower body would greatly appreciate it. I still have blemishes from where they got during bow season. seriously what purpose does a chigger serve????

from cabela's-

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat470134&hasJS=true

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat470134&hasJS=true

biggtruxx

yep..... as stated above..... permanone

SHMELTON

Banned
I got into some seed ticks really bad during bow season, I must have had 200 bites on me. I learned that bathing in clorox will knock em off. I now tuck my shirt in and tuck my pants in my boots, and I haven't gotten them bad since then. But remember clorox works if they get on you.

hawglips

Banned
Use a permethrin spray treatment for you clothes. Permanone works good, and the Sawyer brand works better, in my experience.

It keeps ticks and chiggers completely off your clothes.

GobbleAndGrunt78

I found that the Enduraskins baselayers from Bass Pro virtually eliminate them. They are a compression fit like Under Armour, but have silver in the fabric to keep you from smelling. The silver kills bacteria. The tight fit keeps bugs out VERY good if you tuck the shirt into the pants. It takes some times getting used to the tight "unmanly" fit, but well worth it.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchResults?searchOption=products&hvarSearchString=endura+skins&storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&CMID=TOP_SEARCH_GO

Slings and Arrows

Permanone / thermacell / cutter for face and hands combo. Thank goodness turkeys can't smell good.

preciate it yall im probably gonna get some new boots, maybe just the pants for that baselayer system, permanone, my good ol thermacell, and ive got some cutter.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
DEEP woods OFF.

rutandstrut

I use Permanone on all my Hunting Clothes and tuck my pants into my Snake Boots. I still get a few during Deer and Turkey Season, but they are not usually on my Legs. I also use a Thermacell but do not feel that this has any effect on Chiggers and Ticks!

Twiggbuster

Permanone and Alfa Burley rubber boots .
I always got m without the spray. Anywhere that holds sweat is a magnet. Socks around the ankles, under belt line at the waist and armpits. Treat these areas of your clothes with permanone the night before.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I`ve typed this remedy on this forum more times than I can count.

One little swig of any kind of vinegar, the night before goin` in the woods, will keep both ticks and redbugs off. Pickle juice works just as good. I`ve been usin this trick for years, and in my job, and hobbies, I`m in these little monsters territory an average of 6 days a week.

dognducks

Banned

One little swig of any kind of vinegar, the night before goin` in the woods, will keep both ticks and redbugs off. Pickle juice works just as good. I`ve been usin this trick for years, and in my job, and hobbies, I`m in these little monsters territory an average of 6 days a week.

i followed nic's advice last year and got me a bottle of vinegar and took a swig the night before every hunt. Sure did taste bad but i didn't get a chiggar bite or a tick all year. try it

Etter2

Banned
I do that too, and I have gotten over 400 bites at a time before. Not a single bite all of deer season. Just take a swig of apple cider vinegar every day.

rutandstrut

Thanks for sharing that with us! It seems that Vinegar has a lot os uses and cures or helps to prevent a lot of things!

robinsonfam1

hmmmm...thats the same thing i use as a weed killer...cant wait to taste it! is there one that tastes better than the next? or just the 50cent jug good?