where to hunt near habersham county

my folks just bought a "mountain" house in Habersham county near the Soque? river...its near clarkesville. What wma's or national forests are up there? Ive heard of Wilson Shoals but i think its quota. Any recommendations?

fowl play

I have a place up there as well on the soque, was up there last weekend heard birds gobbling both saturday and sunday morning give me shout maybe we can hook up!

Doug B.

Lake Russell can be good, but there are a lot of people that hunt it. It is hard to get away from other hunters. Habersham County has a good amount of National Forest land. The farther you get from the road, the better your chances.

cabinetjedi

Your choices for WMA's that are close to you (15-30 min.) would be Lake Burton , Lake Russell , Chattahoochee , Swallow Crk. , Dukes Crk. a little further you've got Warwomen or Chestatee (30min.- 1hr.)

BARFOOTLARRY

Lake Burton has birds on it. We went on a deer hunt there several years ago and all we saw were turkey. Everywhere we went. At the ranger station they have a map of all the food plots and we always saw them in those plots. Be ready to walk though. A lot of up and not a lot of down from what I remember.