NBC Nightly News, Thursday

JBowers

Should hunters who kill exotic animals get a fat tax break for their handiwork?

Randy

Guess I need to see the news. I don't understand why you would get a tax break for killing an exotic?

MoeBirds

:eek: I assume they're not refering to purposely introduced-species as (what was supposed to be)"game" :crazy: such as; water-buffalo,Gemsbock, and Fallow deer, like those in enclosures.
That would be classic...a guy goes and shoots a Wildabeast at a Ranch down in Florida and pays $3000.00 to do it, but gets to "write the whole thing off as...a whatever"?! (sounds like the Huntin' Biz ploy :bounce: )

:huh: Surely this refers to those hunters/trappers who target nuisance/illegally introduced-species that threaten the habitats of native species?!

(at least I hope so. :rolleyes: )

fasn8nmom

I haven't seen the report but I would almost bet it has something to do with business men taking their clients on a hunting trip and then writing it off as a business expense. Just my guess.
If that is the case I see no difference in that and taking your client out to dinner and writing it off

Randy

fasn8nmom said:
I haven't seen the report but I would almost bet it has something to do with business men taking their clients on a hunting trip and then writing it off as a business expense. Just my guess.
If that is the case I see no difference in that and taking your client out to dinner and writing it off

I agree and none of it should be allowable. It is the cost of doing business just like buying pencils! In my opinion this is the most missused tax break of any short of susidizing.

Ga-Spur

I'm going to get my wife to take me to Miss, Ala and Where ever the turkeys are on a business trip and she can write it off if that is the case.

fasn8nmom

Michael Lee said:
You wouldn't be saying that if you owned your own business! :D

Tax write offs help a lot!

ML
I have to agree with you. The more money I can keep in my pocket the better!!

Randy

Just 1 More said:
I second this opinion!
Randy, What buisness are you in/own?

I am in the architectural business. We design schools.

Randy

Michael Lee said:
You wouldn't be saying that if you owned your own business! :D

Tax write offs help a lot!

ML

I realize tax write-offs help a lot. But they are also abused a lot.

SlipperyHill Mo

I like the write offs also.

If it is a rule, I play the game.

Bring on the national sales tax. I would honestly pay more to et rid of the IRS and the hassles it causes the the people, the economy, and the enlargement of government.

Randy

SlipperyHill Mo said:
If it is a rule, I play the game.

You make my point. It has become a game of see what I can get away with. Honestly I don't see how some people sleep at night with some of the games they play.

QuakerBoy

Randy said:
I agree and none of it should be allowable. It is the cost of doing business just like buying pencils! In my opinion this is the most missused tax break of any short of susidizing.

If I buy pencils for my business I can write it off :huh:

JBowers

From the original post, did anyone watch the program and were you able to detach the facts from the spin?

Randy

JBowers said:
From the original post, did anyone watch the program and were you able to detach the facts from the spin?

John,
For those of us who had to work to pay taxes so those that do not pay could sit in front of the BIG SCREEN last night, tell us the story.

JBowers

Randy said:
John,
For those of us who had to work to pay taxes so those that do not pay could sit in front of the BIG SCREEN last night, tell us the story.
I didn't get to watch. I took my son to his baseball game, then went to work again, only to come home and write a check to pay taxes.