Things are getting better

BACK STRAP

Madison County

I have not been hunting real hard this year because I have not seen much sighn. I went friday morning and set up in some white oaks. I seen six does and two bucks. The first buck was a spike and the second buck was a 10 point but he only had a 12" spread. He had good mass and a real tall rack but he needs a couple of more years. I shot a dig doe friday morning at 7:10 am I will try to post some photos this week. I went back to the same stand saturday and seen a doe and two fawns then I seen the biggest 4 point I have ever seen (14" spread) I got him on film then a nice 8 point came in for about 20 min. He had a 16" spread with 8' G2'S then two does and a fawn came by. In two days I seen 12 does and 4 bucks they was all eating the white oak acorns.I seen all my deer before 8am and I sat on the stand till 11am both days.

Last edited:

Handgunner

Sounds like you've found them... Now, when the rut kicks in, you should be in "hog Heaven"...

Good luck!

Back Strap,
Glad to hear you have found them. Pretty much the same scenario at my place in Oglethorpe - they are tearing up the white oaks just before dark in the evenings before heading out to the soy bean fields.

Had a very nice eight pointer rubbing cedar trees under my stand last Thursday afternoon - couldn't get a shot becuase of the dog wood canopy between me and him, then the soy bean farmer drove around the edge of the field and spooked him off.

We're seeing a ton a of deer and bunch of rubs and scrapes too.