Fishing Naples

KPatterson

Anyone here from or around Naples? Im heading down to Naples for a week and a half this weekend. Where are all the fish at? Clam Pass? Dockers Pass? Wiggens?? Id like to try my lucks at some snook.

Rackemup HC

Born and raised! Your best bet is to fish the beaches, you can either sight cast with a red 1/8 or 1/4 oz lead cotee head, with a pearl or white cotee paddle tail. Or use live shrimp of (mullet, thread, or pinfish) if you have a cast net. Use one rod with a leader and a bobber, and one with small weight, swivel, leader and a kinda small hook. Clam pass should have some big spawners staked in it.

KPatterson

I ahve a cast net down there and never have a problem catching Pilchards for bait, but I have had very little luck with them. What beach would be my best bet?

Rackemup HC

Any shoreline that has a river, cut or pass near by. The snook should be pretty close to the shore, they will usually swim back forth along the beach. As for bait, they will usually run along the beach where the wave crash to about 8 to 10 yards out. If you get alot of pilchards and can keep them alive; live chum with them if you see some snook. I usually take a hand full of pilchards and squezz them slightly in my hand to cripple them, then throw out the handfull. Then cast out ur bait in the middle of the pilchards.
I have not been out in a couple of weeks, but my cousin has been running some charters for snook lately, i'll get the fresh info and let ya know.

gatorbob

Naples fishings

Dont waste your time , your not far from the 10,000 islands. Snook ,redfish paradise, might even get a tarpon. By far the best in SW florida.

volguy

naples

do you have a shallow water boat? if so, the pine island area is awesome. prefished some redfish tournaments there two years ago and spent a good bit of time down there. it is a difficult place to learn, but once you do, it is great fishing. lots of reds and snook. trout are spotty. it is different from anywhere else i have fished with all the canals that you run the boat thru. pretty cool place.