Key Largo

Mr. Fishunt

All,
Please recommend a tarpon guide that you have used.
I would be willing to drive to Islamorada if need be.

Regards,
Mr. Fishunt

gatorbob

Guide

I have used George Woods out of Islemorada. Hes a different character but will put you on the tarpon, I got one 180 lbs and another 155lbs. This was abput 6 years age and I dont have his phone number but he lives in Islemorada. Hope this helps

MolenaPapa

Try Capt. Billy Rabito, Jr Marathon, FL #(305)743-0516
Great guy and knows where they are at. His father also guides but mainly flats type fishing if thats what you like.

bluemarlin

I have used George Woods out of Islemorada. Hes a different character but will put you on the tarpon, I got one 180 lbs and another 155lbs. This was abput 6 years age and I dont have his phone number but he lives in Islemorada. Hope this helps

+1 Captain George has chartered President Bush several times.
Also try Drew Moret his dad is Sandy Moret and has a life time of tarpon experience. http://www.floridakeysoutfitters.com/index.htm
PM me if you need more info.

Capt. Mark Johnson floridakeysfunfishing.com
Capt. Scott Keller badhabitcharters.com
Both in Islamorada and I have known them for years. I worked for Scott on his big boat. Both guys are first class and laid back.

Ed in North Ga.

I grew up In Tavernier and halfway know him- so Im partial to Mr Woods- But Mark Johnson aint too shabby from what Ive heard.
he`s quite well known- Woods has been there awhile. My grandfather was one of the old school bone fish guides- if I has stayed in the keys, I`d probably have followed in his footsteps.

Im my opinion, further south you go, the bigger the Tarpon get. Nothing like trying to haul in a 100lb silver log pulling the opposite way-:bounce:

re tarpon trip

I fished out islamorada and lived in key largo, I reccomend fishing for tarpon from Islam. area to Lower Matecumbe. I feel you will get more shots at bigger fish. All those names mentioned above are good fisherman and here is one more call Rick Cannon he fishes out Robbies Marina where they hand feed the Tarpon Mile marker 77.5 All these guides have differnt fishing styles, boats and fees so dont be afraid to ask questions before you book. Best time for big fish around the bridges at night is april-may.
Good luck and give us a report when you get back. Where are you staying in Key Largo Istill have a house there we rent out at times.