Best Turkey Loads

jeep983

Want to get everyones take on what are the best turkey loads. Mine are Winchester High Velcoity 3-1/2'' 1300 fps 2 oz # 6 out of me 835 with Carlson's turkey choke. Getting 8 pellets in kill zone at 55 yards.

snuffy

Same load except #5 shot.
Never shot past 40 yards.

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

i shoot federal #5 2oz shot in my winchester 1300, in my mossberg i shoot federal #6 2oz shot. i hunt with my winchester 99.9% of the time just something about that 2oz of #5's thats devistating to those turkeys within 50yds

rutandstrut

I use Nitro Rays 3.5" 4 X 5 X 7 Tri Plex in my 835 with the Original Solid Ulti-Full Choke Tube. I tried a Rhino Choke and a Jelly Head and did not see any difference. I am getting over 300 (I stopped counting at 300) Pellets in a 10 Inch Circle at 40 yards. I have have shot this gun at 50+ Yards and the Pellet count is still very high. I have also killed one Nice Gobbler at 55 Yards. I hit the trigger and he hit the ground. Not one flop! These shells in any gun will put the smack down on a Gobbler!

straightshooter

Winchester Extended Range Elite for me as well. Patterns with #5 or #6 are spectacular in my Winchester SuperX2 and a .660 Gobbler Guns Final Strut tube.

gobblingghost

I am trying a custom load 3.5" with 1 7/8oz nickel coated lead by Stars and Stripes Ammo