Catfish restaurant

TJay

Central City Kentucky, The Catfish Dock. Whooeee, those folks know something about fried catfish. Maybe the best hushpuppies I've ever put in my mouth. Pickled green tomatoes ain't bad either! When you're finally stuffed, they have a soft serve ice cream machine, too. :fine:

GeauxLSU

I gotta' tell you, being from south Louisiana (the ONLY place that knows how to cook seafood), I've never been impressed with fried catfish, anywhere, including home. The good Lord knows I've tried enough places too (all over the country). I ate at Backwoods just north of Tallapoosa a few weeks ago and ate myself sick on their fried catfish. I'm not sure if I was just starving to death from walking 150 miles that day turkey hunting or if it was as good as it seems but that catfish, that night, was some kinda good! :cool:
(hush puppies were nothing special).
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

specialk

catfish hollow, sharpsburg

Ol' Buckmaster

If you get the "fresh grease", I like the Swamp Guinea here on Lake Hartwell. They also have the best Brunswick stew and hush puppies I've ever eaten.

leadoff

GONetwork Member
Riverbend in Thomaston

There is another "Riverbend" in Warner Robbins...don't confuse the two...the one in Warner Robins looks more like a chain restaurant...the Riverbend in Thomaston is 100% sho-nuff old-timey fish camp. (Not to mention the awesome view of the Flint that you get there!) :)

beginnersluck

Gumlog BBQ in Lavonia, GA. Out of state..some place in Paris TN, that is supposed to be the catfish capitol of the US. Pretty good, if you ask me.

Last edited:

red tail

GONetwork Member
Booty's Fish house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CharlesH

I'll second Teethdoc

I think that the Catfish Den has some pretty good catfish

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
The Catfish Cabin -albertville,ala. I Used To Have To Go There On Buisness And Always Ate Supper There It Was Great. They Had Great Catfish,red Snapper,the Guys With Me Said The Steaks Were Good, I Never Got Past The Fish.

specialk

theres one at high falls lake behind the gas station at the park entrance, name escapes me, but it is always packed on the w/ends.......

beginnersluck

I think that may be it. I only ate there once a few years back. It was shore nuff good!

mockingbird

Back in the early 80's I was working for a mining company and we were exploring around Charolotte, NC. One Friday night the boss visited us and took us out for catfish. I could kick myself for not remembering the name of this place-- or even the exact location. It seems like it was near Shelby and maybe called "Fred's"??? Andy Griffith was rumoured to love the place. They did a local specialty-- "salt and pepper" catfish, where you use the same amount of salt, but substitute black pepper for one-third of the cornmeal. Those were THE BEST catfish I've ever eaten, except for maybe Bootie's... Can any of you North Cackalackians help me out here remembering?

willbuck

ALL good ones I would reccomend

Booty's in Royston Ga.
Katfish Korner - in Homer Ga.
Red Minnow - in Elberton Ga.
Leatherwood - in Toccoa Ga. - Have not been there in quite a while, but was good the last time I was there.
Gumlog - in Gumlog community - outskirts of Lavonia Ga.