Shimano Reels

Paid Up

I have been fishing with Stradic's for years and am thinking of purchasing a new reel. My question is the difference in reels. Is it worth the price difference between the Shimano Stradic and Sustain - are the Sustain's worth the extra $100?

Thanks

Lostoutlaw

Well I can't really say cause I don't care for the Shimano reels only had two for the lake fishin I never did like them gave them to a friend who swears by them

spotsndots

I don't think there's a $100 difference between them. The shimano reels wheter they have 6 or 10 bearings are all smooth with very little or no rotor wobble and are relatively lightweight. The extra $100 is 60% down on your next reel!

kentuckychuck

I don't think there's a $100 difference between them. The shimano reels wheter they have 6 or 10 bearings are all smooth with very little or no rotor wobble and are relatively lightweight. The extra $100 is 60% down on your next reel!

My thoughts exactly!

Wild Turkey

I have both and there is a difference. $100 worth NO.
Look on ebay, I bought a sustain 5000 fd for 163.00 a couple weeks ago.

aubie9098

ive fished shimano for years, but i recently bought a quantum cabo 40 pts for 145 new off ebay, and it outcasts any shimano ive had, the bail is titanium, so you cant bend it, and the drag is smoother than anything ive ever owned. ig your looking for a similiar reel for a really good price, id try it out.