Were YOU at Paulding Forest this morning?

I was hunting my usual spot off Hulsey Town road this morning (too dang windy). When I was walking out I noticed some footprints in the fresh mud, looks like they walked in, then walked right back out. Anyway, I was almost to the truck, I was noticing some Turkey prints going down the road and saw where someone had drawn in the mud with a stick the word "Woody's ?" I figured maybe they meant this forum... I wrote "Yep, HTR!" If this was you, you didn't miss anything down at the creek. They weren't gobbling and it got so dang windy I couldn't hear my own crow calls!

Just wanted to let you know I saw your artwork :D

I didn't hear any turkeys but as I was getting close to my intended set-up I was hooting away and called in 3 barred owls. We had a grand ol' time hootin' at each other. They made some really weird sounds I didn't know owls made. It was pretty cool. The one thing that let me know it wasn't gonna be a great day for turkey was that with all that dang hoot owl racket I didn't hear one gobble. I probably shoulda packed it in then but I had come that far, I wasn't about to go back home!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Nope not me, but maybe next time I am there I will write Woodys in the dirt:D

Jim