Speaking of Paulding, ...

bruceg

Isn't there a pond back there? How is access to the pond from the Silver Comet Trail, or is it better to drive or hike in?

I normally don't catch a darn thing - but finding a pond in the middle of nowhere would be fun.

There's Goldmine Lake near where I hunt but I think there's a road that goes right to it... I just cecked my map of the area and didn't see any lakes that didn't have a road right to them. There may be some "secret" small pond that dosen't show up on my map that someone knows about... but not me.

It is alot of fun to hike around back there. There's alot of very steep terrain and alot of rock and rock formations to check out. I have found a couple of 30 ft. bluffs that could actually be climb-able or rappel-able with a little clearing, not really worth the effort though. I'll tell ya', the brush is starting to get pretty thick back there. The hiking was much easier before all the greening-up.

bruceg

I'll have to check it out. Normally when I take the kids camping and fishing, we go to Charlie Elliott. We'll look up Goldmine Lake and go visit it.

Jeff Raines

Warning Warning

If you try to fish any of those lakes on paulding forest you will be tresspassing.
All of the lakes are private property.

I don't understand it either,that a body of water can be surrounded by WMA and still be private

cmahunter

Goldmine Lake

It's not private - GO FISH!

lat="33.906618" lon="-84.956525"

I have fished it several times over the years. I even had a buddy get a ticket from the game warden for having a bass that was to small. During the summer it has a lot of weeds in the water. It is the most fun with a tube of crickets. The roads have been blocked off, carry an inflatable raft or canoe if you feel like hauling it. It has a lot of snakes around it.

Jeff Raines

on my topo map of paulding forest and sheffield it says all lakes are private property.

That why I've never fished it,hope I'm wrong