How much can a taxidermist repair a bird????

TenPtr

I am looking to mount this old bird I shot this morn but theres only one problem. I shot him at 7 yards and there is a baseball sized hole between the base of his neck and shoulder.......I want to mount this bird because of our little past we had together. Would it be a problem for a taxidermist to fix him up and make him presentable or is he to the point of no return????

Steven Farr

I am looking to mount this old bird I shot this morn but theres only one problem. I shot him at 7 yards and there is a baseball sized hole between the base of his neck and shoulder.......I want to mount this bird because of our little past we had together. Would it be a problem for a taxidermist to fix him up and make him presentable or is he to the point of no return????

A good taxidermist does this on all birds. Replacing feathers is a necessity for a good mount. They can fix him where you will never know the damage was there.

huntindawg

baseball btw his neck and shoulder? dang..maybe if you mounted him strutting a good taxi could cover it up.

turkeyed

Give Chirs Fortner a call at Fortner Taxidermy. He can fix it and make it look like its still strutting right through your living room when he's done.

gamechaser

I shot the bird in my avitar at about 7 or 8 yards and knocked out feathers at base behind neck the size of both of my hands. He turned out great I can't tell it ever happened. I had a great taxidemist. He is big on the small detail work and makes the mounts turn out and look better. congrats on your kill!