B-mobile set up question

sman

My question is this- If you have a dominant bird on a place and he has all of the other birds hushed does a full strut decoy have adverse effect? Took my little man with me this afternoon. We set up a popup blind and Mr. B-mobile. My son is 4 and got a kick out him. The first call I made was at about 5 and a hen runs out of the woods yelping and cutting her little head off. Right behind her comes a long beard and 2 jakes. The long beard saw b-mobile and kinda of hung back. All the birds stayed 150 -125 yards from us all afternoon long. I tried soft and aggressive calls, and all the longbeard would do was raise his head and look in our direction. Wind was blowing fairly well and b=mobile and the hen dek I put out where spinning around. Do you think that the hen kept them there or was the longbeard scared of b-mobile?

Arrow3

He probably wasn't a dominant bird...

sman

Nope he wasn't I have seen him with the dominant and he stays about 3 yards behind the dominant bird. Will b-mobile scare other birds until you take the dominant bird out?

Arrow3

Its gonna take a gobbler that wants to be dominant before he comes and jumps on B-mobile..

sman

I did, I put his tail laid about half way back. I am ready to see what the big boy I have been watching does when he sees b-mobile. I have seen the dominant bird pecking the tar out of all of the two year olds around the place in the last 3 weeks.