Father and son double!

yarddog21

Well I have to say as an 8 year turkey veteran the best hunt i have ever had was this morning with my dad. I'm 22 I have been hunting since i was 15 and i have taught myself everthing i know as far as turkey hunting goes(OH! and by the way in my opinion there is nothing better than turkey hunting). When it comes to deer hunting I owe most of it to my dad. My dad has never killed a turkey he has been turkey hunting with me maybe 3 or 4 times since i started. Yesterday evening i roosted 3 birds on the edge of this field i had planned to hunt this morning. So i told my dad to meet me at the hunting club early. We got out of the truck and headed towards the birds. I did a hoot owl when we were about 200 yrds away from the birds to make sure they were in the same place i had roosted them. BOOM!! one gobbled so we headed towards the edge of the field. When we got to the field an owl started hooting and the birds would not stop gobbling. I set B-mobile and a hen about 25 yrds off the edge of the field and we sat down just inside the woodline. Well as the sky started turning grey we counted 6 different birds gobbling. So I did a couple of tree yelps and the 2 birds that were closest to us just couldn't stand it. They both pitched down into the field 85 yrds away and started strutting I yelped BOOM they gobbled and made a b-line straight to b-mobile. They would not stop beating him up !!! Finally after about 5 mins they both turned towards us and gave us the shots we needed. It was all over eccept for the hugs and high fives. It was truly a day I will always cherish and never forget. Thanks GOD !!! And thanks guys for taking the time to read my story and share in the excitement.

Attachments

• 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    001 (600 x 450).jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 004 (600 x 450).jpg
    004 (600 x 450).jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 328
  • 011 (600 x 450).jpg
    011 (600 x 450).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:

GAdawgMd

Nice. Congrats!

WTG guys. That's a memory you'll take to your graves with you.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Great Birds and Story.

Congrats!

Robert

GobblingDawg

That's great! I hope my son and I can experience this feeling real soon!
:shoot::whip::shoot:

Go Dawgs and thank God for turkey season,
GobblingDawg

Ricochet

Awesome...Congrats! It sounds like it was a perfect hunt like what you would see on a hunting show.

Handgunner

The second picture needs to be blown up and framed!

Great going guys!

Al White

Man, that's awesome! I can't wait to double with my kids one of these days!!!

yarddog21

Thanks for all your comments guys.

I cannot wait to get back to the turkey woods! It will be almost two weeks before I can go back.:cry:

Jasper

That's awesome yarddog! Thanks for sharing! Glad you're spending time with your Dad. :banana: