Caught my first Pompano

bigox911

...and biggest fish ever in the surf. Caught it with fresh dead shrimp about an hour after high tide at Seagrove beach. I filleted it now I just need a recipe to cook it.

Hunting Teacher

...and biggest fish ever in the surf. Caught it with fresh dead shrimp about an hour after high tide at Seagrove beach. I filleted it now I just need a recipe to cook it.

Way to go!
That's one fish I've caught hardly any of.
Had friends catch them several times when fishing with me, but I never manage.
Heat up the oil to 350. Dip fillets in cajun batter and fry until golden brown.:bounce:

spotsndots

That's one of the best eating fish in the ocean. :banana: If you fry it, you'll ruin it. Broil it in the oven with your favorite seasoning or grill it. I always leave the skin on instead of fillet's out of the skin.

Go to the local bait store and try Nylure jigs or any other short tail jig tipped with sand flea's or shrimp. Pompano fishing should be starting to heat up. Fish around the "run-outs". this is the area where the water pushes out between the sandbars. If the water's clear, look for the "break" in the sandbar.

Enjoy!:biggrin2:

miller

That's one of the best eating fish in the ocean. :banana: If you fry it, you'll ruin it. Broil it in the oven with your favorite seasoning or grill it. I always leave the skin on instead of fillet's out of the skin.

Go to the local bait store and try Nylure jigs or any other short tail jig tipped with sand flea's or shrimp. Pompano fishing should be starting to heat up. Fish around the "run-outs". this is the area where the water pushes out between the sandbars. If the water's clear, look for the "break" in the sandbar.

Enjoy!:biggrin2:

I always bake mine whole, minus the head. Once the fish is cooked you can peel back the skin and fork out the meat. Season with a little Everglades seasoning and you will be eating well.

Watched the Panhandle and North West section of the Florida Fishing Report last night and they should be thick, very soon. I am going down next Thursday to do some catching.

Congrats on you catch bigox!

bluemarlin

Nice job!

I usually bake em in the oven.
Preheat to 400
Rub the filet with oil.
Season lightly with your favorite Cajun spice mix.
Bake in a shallow pan with a little butter for 25 minutes.
Squeeze lemon over the filets.
Enjoy... Then get back out there and catch his friends. A lot of times they travel in schools.

bigox911

I didn't even gut it...I just cut the fillets off and quartered those. I melted about 1/4 stick of butter in a pan and sauteed them with just salt and pepper on them for about 2 min per side. Then I took them out of the pan, squirted them with fresh lime juice, and broiled them for about 5-7 min. I had a piece by itself and then made a sandwich with some toasted lite bread...man it was good.