Shot out in front of us...

Arrow3

Me and Haven went to my new place in Putnam County this morning...We got on a bird gobbling good in the tree....When he flew down he was very close to the property line and gobbling good...I had heard some "hen" yelps coming from across the line....Well, me and Haven reset up on him one time and got settled in...Had him at about 125 yards and he was fired up....Then BOOM!:shoot::shoot: I thought it was a little far to be someone shooting him but it may have been if they were shooting away from us....We never heard him again...I hope the shot just spooked him and he will be there another day...On the other hand if he was killed legally, gotta be happy for the hunter....Oh well, there are more birds in the woods...:banana::banana:

Huntinfool

Dude, that happened to me last year. It was heartbreaking. Except I actually saw the bird run and strut down the property line right past me (property line is a creek). He was less than 50 yards from me, but on the other property. He got past me, I got up and went to try to get in front of him. While I'm running down the road....BOOOOM. I was so close, I literally heard his wings flapping on the ground after the shot. You wanna talk about a heartbreaker.

Jody Hawk

I've had it happen twice, once on B.F.Grant and again on private land but I think the other person shot simply to spook the bird off. Both times I went to see the bird and congratulate him but nobody was to be found. :huh:

Gut_Pile

Had that happen to me today as well. Had three birds firing off on the roost and they hit the ground hammerin hard. Not 5 minutes later BOOM!!! Never heard a call but did hear a hen about 100 yards left of the hunter. I guess he just got between them. Not sure if he killed one because not an hour later had 2 birds gobblin not 100 yards from where he shot and the 3 bird that was gobblin earlier gobbled about 5 times after the shot about 100 yards away from the shot.

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
Brandon, I hate when that happens. Someone got between me and a gobbler that I was calling opening day last year and did the same thing on Big Laser Creek WMA several years ago. Maybe they missed....;) Tim

CassGA

Happened to me this morning. Had two hammerin' but they were off the property a couple hundred yards. Around 8 am, heard a shot in their direction, and then everything shut up. About 10 minutes later, one of them fired back up, but didnt hear the other the rest of the morning. Needless to say, I couldnt pull them over onto my side of the line, but I know there is at least one left over there...

kcausey

Banned
that happened to my and my father on opening day......we butt up to 6000 acres of clay mine land