Pay hunt???

MKW

What exactly constitutes a "pay hunt" as far as the Challenge goes???

Thanks,
Mike

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think if you travel to a plantation where you pay for a guided hunt or travel and pay to hunt on a plantation of some sort. Like Mossy Oak has the Hoot Camp Hunt this year where you pay $2800 for 3 days of hunting with the Mossy Oak crew and get siminars from Cuz Strickland and the Crew. I wish I could go to that. Dream hunt for turkeys with some great people.......;) Tim

Gadget

Gadget? Would you like to answer that?:rofl:

My outta state hunts are either public land or free tresspass, what's the matter you just can't except that ... I wouldn't expect anything less from you, not enough brain cells to figure it out.

Last edited:

MKW

wait a minute...

I wasn't trying to call anyone out.
I have a chance to hunt on a plantation that runs pay turkey hunts, but I wouldn't have to pay cause I'd be guiding for the plantation and hunting in my free time. Would any bird that I killed there be accepted?? I just didn't know cause it IS a pay hunt operation, but I won't be paying.

Mike

Gadget

I wasn't trying to call anyone out.
I have a chance to hunt on a plantation that runs pay turkey hunts, but I wouldn't have to pay cause I'd be guiding for the plantation and hunting in my free time. Would any bird that I killed there be accepted?? I just didn't know cause it IS a pay hunt operation, but I won't be paying.

Mike

Mike I remember someone else was saying they were in the same situation; I think it's fine..........IMO. We all pay to hunt, public land, private land......you have to pay something, even if you just have to pay for a tag. I don't see why we even have this rule, cause I can take my teammates to my property and call them in all their birds for the contest and that would be fine by the rules as long as it's on a hunting club and not a pay hunt....:huh:

MKW

yep

I agree 100%. We all pay to hunt. You bring up another thing that makes me wonder...I wonder how many birds will be entered that were not called in by the shooter(person that enters the bird). Maybe there should be a rule that the bird must be called in by the hunter that enters him. But that would require a lot of integrity and be hard to police. I went on a lot of pay hunts last season, but called in all my own birds. It's kinda funny that gobblers can be entered from any state, but they can't be from "pay hunts".
All in all, I don't really care cause I'll get my share the way the rules are now.

Mike

Arrow3

I think you guys know what we mean when we say "pay hunts"...As far as who calls the bird up? What about the bushwacked birds? We can "what if" all day long....I know a few people don't like the "pay hunt" rule but we have recieved tons of positive feedback about not allowing them...Have fun guys and good luck.

Nitro

Banned
I plan to be here when those who haven't experienced an out of state/ pay hunt finally do............so I can say " I told you that you would have fun"..........

The jealousies/class envy/diminishment of other's accomplishments here never cease to amaze me.............

I thought the whole concept of the contest was " braggin rights" and to have fun.......

In 2009 why not limit the contest to only birds killed in Georgia- on WMAs..............with a lie detector test to confirm authenticity???

There is a reason I don't participate in contests.....my contests are against the Gobblers.

Hey Brandon, if I pay your way for a Rio hunt in Texas in '09- ALL EXPENSES paid, will you open your eyes to the fact that it's still just Turkey hunting??? Serious offer??

hawglips

Banned
Hey Brandon, if I pay your way for a Rio hunt in Texas in '09- ALL EXPENSES paid, will you open your eyes to the fact that it's still just Turkey hunting??? Serious offer??

I'll open my eyes to it if you make me the same offer!!!:love:

Arrow3

I plan to be here when those who haven't experienced an out of state/ pay hunt finally do............so I can say " I told you that you would have fun"..........

The jealousies/class envy/diminishment of other's accomplishments here never cease to amaze me.............

I thought the whole concept of the contest was " braggin rights" and to have fun.......

In 2009 why not limit the contest to only birds killed in Georgia- on WMAs..............with a lie detector test to confirm authenticity???

There is a reason I don't participate in contests.....my contests are against the Gobblers.

Thanks for the offer Andy but its not necessary...I have nothing against pay hunts as I have expressed to you in the past....I would love to be able to go the places you go and hunt the birds you do...Im not knocking the accomplishments of anyones turkey hunting career nor am I jealous of what anyone else has taken....I will do this though....I will make a poll on pay hunts and that way I will know everyone's feelings on them for future reference....

Nitro

Banned
Thanks for the offer Andy but its not necessary...I have nothing against pay hunts as I have expressed to you in the past....I would love to be able to go the places you go and hunt the birds you do...Im not knocking the accomplishments of anyones turkey hunting career nor am I jealous of what anyone else has taken....I will do this though....I will make a poll on pay hunts and that way I will know everyone's feelings on them for future reference....

You missed the crux of my comments.

Why not limit the contest to ONLY birds killed in Georgia.

Nitro

Banned
If my Turkey hunting Mentor was still alive, God bless his soul....... He would say only this- "we ain't doing this to take prisoners"........

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
You missed the crux of my comments.

Why not limit the contest to ONLY birds killed in Georgia.

because we are not only a GA forum. btw if I kill a birdie in IL again this year it wont be allowed either.

BUT come on IN and KY:D

tbgator

Banned
I think you guys know what we mean when we say "pay hunts"...As far as who calls the bird up? What about the bushwacked birds? We can "what if" all day long....I know a few people don't like the "pay hunt" rule but we have recieved tons of positive feedback about not allowing them...Have fun guys and good luck.

Pay hunts are conducted on property that is managed strictly for hunter success and as a business those hunters must be successful for this property(business) to remain in operation. I guarantee you if they let me lose on "Butterball Plantation" my 3 entries would have been in opening weekend.You cannot compare hunting these "pay hunt" properties to your local WMA's or hunting clubs that most of us hunt.We would all become overnight better turkey hunters if we all hunted these places. I do like the idea of restricting the entries to Ga birds though.It would eliminate all of the questionable "out of state" free birds.:cool:

tbgator

Banned

I think I'm gonna be sick:rofl:

MKW

Pay hunts are conducted on property that is managed strictly for hunter success and as a business those hunters must be successful for this property(business) to remain in operation. I guarantee you if they let me lose on "Butterball Plantation" my 3 entries would have been in opening weekend.You cannot compare hunting these "pay hunt" properties to your local WMA's or hunting clubs that most of us hunt.We would all become overnight better turkey hunters if we all hunted these places. I do like the idea of restricting the entries to Ga birds though.It would eliminate all of the questionable "out of state" free birds.:cool:

Once again...here is another uneducated answer. None of the places that I hunted last year were "managed" for turkeys. They were, in every case, just properties that were leased by the outfitter to take turkey hunters to. And I promise you that I have killed gobblers on private land, public land, on pay hunts, and could kill them in the WalMart parking lot if that's where they were. Day in and day out, turkeys are turkeys and will act like turkeys...wherever they live. Just because you pay someone to hunt does not ensure success.

Mike

gamechaser

Why Don't Yall Have A Category Winner For Those People Who Kill Birds On A Pay Hunts ? Lets Face It Some People May Be Less Fortunate And Have To Hunt Where Ever They Can Such As A Wma. I Have Deer Hunted At One In The Past And Took 2 Nice Deer. I Finaly Give It Up Because It Was Very Frustrating To Deal With Such Heavy Hunting Pressure. Yal Talk About Challege Try A Wma Sometime. You Never Know What Your Going To Be Dealt With When You Get Out Of The Truck.

I got nothing against pay hunts as long as they dont clip the birds wings. i like to see them fly off when i screw up.