Is it the "Yotes" or the weather

jrmoon

I do believe that yotes are having an effect on turkey populations, but those of you who haven't heard as much gobbling as in the last couple of years (and I'm in the same boat) could it be due to this crazy weather we've been having this past week.

For the past two years the property I've been hunting has been on fire with gobbling, but if memory serves me correctly the weather was a lot better. I posted a thread on here a few days ago about the wind and several hunters that I consider knowledgable/stud turkey hunters said wind is one of the worst things for turkey hunting.

This is just my 2 cents, someone please let me know if I'm crazy.

Randy

No because all these other guys are hearing gobbling and they are not that far from me. Of course that is part of the problem too. All my turkeys are over at Gadget's since he planted all that chuffa!

alphachief

I have/had a honey hole that produced big opening weekend gobblers three years in a row. Hunted it opening weekend last year and instead of hearing several gobblers, like I had every year in the past...it sounded like a coyote party all around me at sun up. Hunted it three times last year with the same results...no turkeys...only coyotes.