Mid Morning Gobbler.

Arrowhead95

First time this week I have been out. Go there well before light. Went to a spot that one roosted last week. Heard nothing. Saw a few tracks after light so I set up in the strut area. Nothing. Commenced to walking. Not seeing a whole lot of sign.

Head off to the N.E. corner of the property where the is a nice horse pasture I can see if any are out there. On the way a scare off a hen. When I get there I scare off a hen.

Get into a nice pine forest with a lot of sign and set up a blind. Wait 15 minutes and do and excited cutt followed by a series of yelps. 30 minutes later some more soft yelps. 30 minutes later I hear a gobble about 150 yards off to my right. I do one loud cluck and get my gun up. 3 minutes later I see his white head coming through the pines. He starts strutting. He is coming from my right to left. At 35yds he goes behind two pines and I move my gun and get ready. He doesn't come out. I think he saw my barrel move. No bird. 3 minutes later he walks back out to the right strutting. I yelp and he sticks up his head and I snood slapped him.

18#
11 Beard
1 1/4 spur

Dsc05908a.jpg

Dsc05903a.jpg

Dsc05899a.jpg

HUNTIN4LIFE

Sweet bird, congrats! About what time did you squeeze off on him?

:banana::Nice Story! And Bird To Now Now My Blood Is Pumping!! Iam Ready For The Weekend.Let The Games Begin

huntmstr

Banned
Hey is that a Charlie Parrish box call in the pic? Sure looks like one of his standard box calls.