16 gobblers in 3 days ...

Man what a week. I took a friend of mine this week to try to kill his second bird ever. We started out Tuesday afternoon and I called in three longbeards that he couldn't get a shot on. He had a small oak in his way that kept him from swinging far enough to the right. Wed. morning I called in two longbeards off the roost that landed right in front of him at about 45 yards and he let them walk. Said they were too far for him to shoot. By this point I was getting a little frustrated. About 11:00 am we struck two birds about 1/4 mile down the creek bottom. I killed the lead bird but my buddy couldn't get a shot on #2 before he headed out for a safer place. Mine had 1 1/4 spurs and 11.5" beard. We hunted all day Thurs. with no luck. This morning we went even farther down the creek and five jakes came in right off the bat. I was fooling with them when four longbeards came in from the right. He killed three of them and limited out while killed one. All four of them were 2yr olds. My bird had the longest spurs of the group at 1" but one of his had the longest beard at 10.25". I was glad to get back to work this afternoon so I could get some rest.:bounce:

Arrow3

WOW!! Congrats!

Donny

So when do ya want to go.:bounce:Congrats on the birds and what sounds like a pretty sweet place to hunt.

TROY70

yeh

So when do ya want to go.:bounce:Congrats on the birds and what sounds like a pretty sweet place to hunt.

Yeh, I was just about to say you need to find a new shooter :bounce: until I read the last line or so of the thread.