Rough day fishing!

chambers270

Most of you proabably already know that I am still learning about saltwater fishing. Well I have gotten pretty good at catching a mess of whiting, and I can pick up a few trout but no red bass. So today I start out going for trout or bass with whiting as a fall back plan.

I leave out planning to put in at Blythe Island Park, when I get there they have no bait live or dead. So I go up the road to Jones Live Bait. She has some so while she is getting the bait we talk about fishing etc. Since I have already left Blythe Island, I head to St Simmons Island. When I get the boat in the water I notice I forgot the shrimp! So I load the boat and go to another bait store and get a pint of live and a pint of dead shrimp.

Now it cant get worse, I leave the same way I always go but instead of cutting in right before the 3rd marker I cut in on the 2nd marker. Which is a big deal since it is surrounded by only 4-6 inches of water. I get stuck and cant get out, try pulling with anchor, everything. Then I call Sea Tow who says they will be there in a little while, but the tide is moving out still so I get out in the water and push/pull on the boat for about 10 minutes and finally get to some knee deep water. I call off Sea Tow and decide to head out to the King and Prince until the tide changes since I have been murdering the whiting out there. I fish for about 2 hours and land 4 whiting, 10 weakfish, 2 bluefish and a lionfish I believe.

Chris

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
That sounds like some of my trips....Glad to hear it wasn't a total loss and that you at least caught enough for dinner....:)