here turkey turkey turkey...

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
maybe I will try that call this morning to get these irritating wild chickens away from the hens!

wish me luck

turk2di

Don't 4get to bring your deer huntin camo to Ky too. Its quite bare here! Gonna b a little chilly this weekend also!

Jeff Raines

Do you hunt down here??? :banginghe :banginghe

Washington County

Turkey I killed last week,at 5:45 pm, was full of corn.We don't feed'em.The next morning after having all the turkeys walk away from us,I left the shotgun at camp,walked across the line onto a shooting preserve and found a corn feeder about 100 yds from us.As fas as I know,they aren't hunting close to the feeder.
I figure,let the turkeys go eat breakfast,sleep late,call in the afternoon.
Also found hog sign in the area,first sign I've seen in the 8 years we've been there

Handgunner

Washington County

Turkey I killed last week,at 5:45 pm, was full of corn.We don't feed'em.The next morning after having all the turkeys walk away from us,I left the shotgun at camp,walked across the line onto a shooting preserve and found a corn feeder about 100 yds from us.As fas as I know,they aren't hunting close to the feeder.
I figure,let the turkeys go eat breakfast,sleep late,call in the afternoon.
Also found hog sign in the area,first sign I've seen in the 8 years we've been there
I'm experiencing pretty much the same thing...

I'll watch turkeys walk right over a nice green food plot of wheat, oats, and rye and right onto the next wood lot..... stay gone for about a couple of hours, and come back into the field.

I got one gobbler, and didn't even open his craw... I didn't want to know what was in it... I'm sure it wasn't acorns....

Lot of shooting over that way... with little to no calling being heard...

sman

You might want to change this call a little bit, I find that the "Here turkey, turkey, turkey" call brings in a lot of jakes and hens. A better variation would be "here gobbler, gobbler, gobbler". A mixture of the two seems to work best.

Slings and Arrows

You might want to change this call a little bit, I find that the "Here turkey, turkey, turkey" call brings in a lot of jakes and hens. A better variation would be "here gobbler, gobbler, gobbler". A mixture of the two seems to work best.

I couldn't find that one at the Bass Pro Shop!? Is it a custom call!?:huh:

sman

You can only get it at TOYS 'R US or Kaybee toys on Sesame Street right down from the Bear in the Big Blue House. If you reach Blue's Clues House you have gone to far.

Slings and Arrows

You can only get it at TOYS 'R US or Kaybee toys on Sesame Street right down from the Bear in the Big Blue House. If you reach Blue's Clues House you have gone to far.

:rofl:I have a 4 yr old son who went scouting with me earlier this season and we found deer tracks, turkey tracks and blues clues. I feel your pain. :rofl:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
well it didnt work this morning:p

cant believe we literally heard a hundred or more gobbles on sunday and not a peep today:banginghe

I hate wild chickens!!!!

stev

Banned

cant believe we literally heard a hundred or more gobbles on sunday and not a peep today:banginghe

I hate wild chickens!!!!
You hate them ,but they keep you comin back.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gadget

I hate wild chickens!!!!

Shoulda at least heard em gobble on the roost a little, but not too surprising; I've seen it many times before. They're probably still there just tight lipped this morning. How long did you hunt? Sometimes they don't gobble till mid morning.

sman

:rofl:I have a 4 yr old son who went scouting with me earlier this season and we found deer tracks, turkey tracks and blues clues. I feel your pain. :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jim if that didn't work I don't no what else to tell ya. Maybe you should take some stuffing to the woods with ya next time. I have always heard turkeys go well with stuffing. Seems everytime I have seen stuffing I have seen turkeys.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Shoulda at least heard em gobble on the roost a little, but not too surprising; I've seen it many times before. They're probably still there just tight lipped this morning. How long did you hunt? Sometimes they don't gobble till mid morning.

got bored at about 9:30 :bounce:

yeah I have no doubt they are there, but I wasnt into staying all day looking for them today

stev

Banned
Jim
Put the gold out and throw a net over them.:rofl::rofl::rofl: