How many gobblers have you heard at one time?

01Foreman400

Staff member
What is the most gobblers you have heard sound off in the woods at any given time?

The most I've ever heard is 2.

Darrell

Gadget

never heard a gobber.......:bounce: but I have heard about 40 gobblers at one time.

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
10 Opening morning this year. 3 yesterday morning and 4 this morning. I have been once and not heard a gobble.

HenryHunter

I would say somewhere around 10. Have seen a group of 8 longbeards together a couple of seasons ago.

wack em

Probably around 8 but that is a thing of the past around here, lucky to hear 2

hawglips

Banned
I heard around 20 once.

turkkillr

I have heard over 20 at once in PA...back in the good ol days..

Nitro

Banned
30 + Rios from the same Cottonwood in Texas.

It's something you hear and feel if close enough.

Every Turkey hunter needs to experience it once.

brucemacgee19

turkeys gobble more than once or twice........and more than one gobbler in the same tree? where is that........ heaven?

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

i have heard as many as 12 different birds while standing in one location, although thats not that common the places i hunt either. i do have 4 birds that seem to roost together that i hear quite often in the same general area (just across the property line) but i will usually set up on another bird thats more with in the property lines when i go to that tract of land and i have heard those four plus 4-5 more birds roosting on the property that i hunt on and when taht happens it gets confusing on which one to go too, but i love having that decision to make

Rabbitslayer97

turkeys gobble more than once or twice........and more than one gobbler in the same tree? where is that........ heaven?

every where ive been in Troup county this year....ive heard 10 or so with in 30 yards of one another but i still aint connected:banginghe

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
during turk season??? 8 definite gobblers at one time.

wayyyy more than that one morning in a texas blind during deer season though

tbgator

Banned
Heard 10 different birds in a 100 acre radius one morning last year. It rained at daylight until about 8:00. When the rain stopped it was like somebody cut a switch on. Hens were everywhere too so we sat tight and waited. Booooom!!!! 30 minutes later

Ricochet

About 7 last season in the SC low country.